I'm searching for a guitar that is along the lines of a superstrat. I'd want it to be white with gold hardware, have a tremolo of some sort, and have 2 humbuckers with coil tapping, or 2 humbuckers with a single coil in the middle. I know the obvious answer would be a Jem or PRS Navarro, but those are out of my price range. I have considered building something like that, but I just can't seem to find the parts. I found that JHS Vintage brand recently and found a store that had somthing very close to what I was looking for in-stock. It was like a PRS Custom 24, white with gold hardware and all. Much to my dismay, they listed it on their site, but didn't even have it in stock (MusicToyz). I'm up for a little DIY work, but I'd want to avoid soldering and any sort of finishing if I could. I find it very hard to believe you can only find that gold/white combo on high-end guitars. Any thoughts?
How many frets do you want?

Also are you fine paying more for neck-thru?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Quote by necrosis1193
How many frets do you want?

Also are you fine paying more for neck-thru?

At least 22 frets, and the neck joint doesn't matter to me.
Price range?

HE MEANS CARVIN! I knew what you meant by the frets and neck thru question!
Carvin is FRIGGIN' AMAZING! you'll probably be able to get a white w/ gold HW carvin for around $800. Hahaha I'm up late and have had a good/crazy day XD
I'm up for building you a pedal.
(Or modding nearly anything moddable)
(PM Me.)
YOU NINJA'd ME!
(PM Me.)
a used Washburn CS780?

Ibanez RG2228 Prestige
Schecter C7 Jeff Loomis FR (18volt mod)
Epiphone Gothic Explorer (with SD Blackouts)
Ibanez RG350M Yellow
Peavey C5 Tigerwood 5string bass
Randall RH150G3
If you want to get crazy have some Evo Gold fretwire installed. Hammered some in my homade SG and love 'em. Not super brassy like stainless.
Quote by TheBloodstained
a used Washburn CS780?

That looks pretty cool. Is that yours for sale?
Quote by Handym4n
That looks pretty cool. Is that yours for sale?

no, it's just a random pic I found on the net! ^^

I wish I had one though! I nearly bought one with a purple finish once. They are discontinued from the factory so you would have to buy it used. It's a surprisingly good little guitar!

Ibanez RG2228 Prestige
Schecter C7 Jeff Loomis FR (18volt mod)
Epiphone Gothic Explorer (with SD Blackouts)
Ibanez RG350M Yellow
Peavey C5 Tigerwood 5string bass
Randall RH150G3
Well I have two suggestions.

A Carvin as recommended earlier.

OR

An Edwards E-HR-130III (images in my profile)
(with shipping might run you at least $1200, at most $1700 depending on who you order online from, then it's another $300 or so to replace everything, not the most practical idea, but it's still a sexy guitar.....*is proud*)

I plan on replacing all the black hardware eventually, but not any time soon, and make it look like this (All I have right now are gold straplocks XD ):

I saw the title and I thought of what I wanted to do to my guitar XD

EDIT:

INB4, "AWW I KNEW STORM'S GUN POST THAT"
Last edited by siverstorm at Sep 22, 2010,
I was hoping for something more traditional-looking. I like how Jems resemble strats to an extent, then how on PRS's the body shape isn't really sharp and more curved. Usually what I want isn't made. Took me forever to get a Fender MIM Rosewood Tele, then even more time to find an Epiphone SG in pelham blue. I'm wanting the guitar I described to fill in the gaps.
does your budget have a roof?
(PM Me.)
If you want something traditionally-shaped, again, I think you'll like an ST300 or a Contour 66. I can take a picture of my 66 next to my strat if you want.

Keep an eye on that one - Carvins don't have the huge resale value a name like Gibson gives a guitar, so you can get a used one at a nice price. I guarantee you'll be happy with it as well, the neck is the best I've ever played.

How would the tremolo be on a Carvin like that? Is it like a PRS where it goes both ways?
Wilkinsons are floating units, so unless the previous owner set it otherwise, which is as easy to fix as adjusting spring tension, it'll go both ways.

As for stability, let me put it this way; Wilkinsons are known for being stable. Sperzel locking tuners are known for being stable. When I went to see Jeff Beck, using a strat with non-Sperzel locking tuners and a Fender tremolo, stayed in-tune fine despite heavy trem use throughout every song, save for when he picked up a tele for Blow By Blow-era stuff and a Les Paul for How High The Moon. This Carvin has locking Sperzels and a Wilkinson. It'll hold fine.

Just found a pic of a lefty which I reversed. What a pretty guitar. Is coil tapping even worth it? I already have a Tele, and I'm not really the type to mess with controls all the time.
Attachments:
andrewbishop-ct4t-1.jpg
I'm rather fond of the coil-splitting in mine. I'll still use my strat for strat things and my tele for tele things over it recording, but I've got a feeling it'll be a lifesaver live. Phase switches make it all the better, they bite off the low-end from the mahogany, making the illusion of a Fender more believable.

Are Carvin 'buckers 4-conductor by default? Just a matter of getting a push-pull pot then.
They are.

Twelve minutes left and still no bids mate - You gonna bite the bullet or wait for another one?