i found this guitar in my attic. i have no idea what brand it is, though you guys could help.

the lacquer is all peeling off so is there any way i can strip it off without destroying the paint below it?

WOw, that's awesome. Personally, I'd just leave it the way it is, looks good enough to me...
Quote by blue_strat
This is Germany we're talking about.

Germany

Quote by stoner179
Thanks alot. When i read the first sentence, i dont know why, but i laughed in the middle of my first class at tech school. You sir have made me look like a fool for the first and last time
thanks! when i touch it big flakes of lacquer come of so i though taking it off and and redoing it would be a good idea.
yeah it sounds pretty good atm. needs new strings as the ones on it are really old and the bridge raised as it has massive fret buzz at the moment.

...and maybe new tuning heads as well
it kind of looks hofner'ish, but looks to have a really wide neck, I think it might pay to check out a local luthier and get some advice on set up etc and if you do want it refinished I would definitely reccomend leaving it to the experts
Where's the pickups?
Quote by silent caution
When i was younger i used to pee in peoples shoes and blame their dog
they came up with this cool new idea where the pickups are built into the wood of the guitar as research shows this will give it maximum out put and t3h br00tAlz will be achieved
Hm, it's usually metal that gives me wood.
Quote by silent caution
When i was younger i used to pee in peoples shoes and blame their dog
if you want to remove the peeling lacquer and its coming off that easily in your hand then just rub the guitar over with a soft cloth. It'll pick the loose lacquer off without damaging the paint underneath
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Reminds me of a framus a little bit. May be worth going to the framus website and looking through the gallery of their vintage guitars.

Guitarist for 11+ years
Bassist for 6+ years
Drummer for 5+ months

PSN account - DeadAimHeadshot
Judging by the quality of that birds-eye maple on the back, I'd strongly suggest getting a second opinion (in person, of course) before you decide to do anything.

Can you see a label through either of the f-holes?

Edit: Woah, weird f-hole shape.
Last edited by GC Shred Off at Sep 22, 2010,
An acoustic arch-top... From the rather cheap tuning machines I'd suspect it isn't a high-quality instrument but proper arch-tops require a lot of labor....
As GC says above, can you see any sort of label inside?
Quote by Bikewer
An acoustic arch-top... From the rather cheap tuning machines I'd suspect it isn't a high-quality instrument but proper arch-tops require a lot of labor....
As GC says above, can you see any sort of label inside?

nope, no label inside.

i never really expected it to be a high quality instrument
Quote by Vendetta V
yeah be it a hight end you guitar they wouldn't put it in the attic

haha no. I just want to make it look good again and be in a playable condition. no too fussed on what brand it is.
Quote by CrazyPigeon
You found that in the attic? Bloody hell.

haha its quite a find.

@obeythepenguin ill get some pics of the bridge up soon. i took it off the guitar to clean the spider nest from it though
Quote by CrazyPigeon
You found that in the attic? Bloody hell.

Seriously man, the only cool thing I found in my attic was a giant cardboard cut out of JFK.

And then someone took it from me

Awesome guitar by the way

I am the King of Carrot Flowers