I just bought an Epiphone SG and I love this guitar to death, but the pick ups wobble and it kind of bugs me. They don't wobble when I play or anything, but they move when you touch them. I don't know if this is normal for guitars with these kind of pick ups (chrome covered Alnico) or if it's something I should get fixed.

Help? =\
PROUD VEGETARIAN!

Bass rig:
Fender MIM Standard Precision Bass (Ginger =])
Gallien-Krueger 1001RB-II 700/50W Biamp Bass Head
Carvin 6x10 Cab.
MXR M-80 Bass Direct Box

Quote by Offworld92
Choice is a wonderful thing.
mine do that but mine arnt covered but i think its normal and it doesnt affect sound or playing so i wouldnt worry
they should slightly move when touched but not wobble.

they should hold their position.
because their relation to the strings effects your tone.

if they wobble and shift around when you pick up or play the guitar,

then the springs that hold them in place are weak.

if that's the case, then post back for more instruction.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
yea what jj1565 said basically. theyreheld by springs so its only natural that they move when you touch them but if they cant hold their spot whilst being played you either need
new springs on the same type or higher pressure/resistance springs.
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
I have had people ask me to fix this so called problem. Usually I'll replace the springs with beefier ones and I hear some guys cut a small piece of foam rubber and place it under the pup to give it more stability. I never tried it myself but it seems like it works.

John
Quote by johnro6659
I have had people ask me to fix this so called problem. Usually I'll replace the springs with beefier ones and I hear some guys cut a small piece of foam rubber and place it under the pup to give it more stability. I never tried it myself but it seems like it works.

John

personally i prefer rubber tubing over springs.
mostly because it lasts so long and it's so easy to keep handy.

little springs are impossible not to lose.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
They don't move when I play (strum), but I feel like I can practically rip off the covers if I wanted to. They also wobble when I move the guitar, and I move the guitar quite a bit when playing. xP
PROUD VEGETARIAN!

Bass rig:
Fender MIM Standard Precision Bass (Ginger =])
Gallien-Krueger 1001RB-II 700/50W Biamp Bass Head
Carvin 6x10 Cab.
MXR M-80 Bass Direct Box

Quote by Offworld92
Choice is a wonderful thing.
Last edited by Nolanrox at Sep 22, 2010,