Hi all!

Ive narrowed down to buying either one of these beast's. But i cant make up my mind. The Hellraiser comes with EMG pickups, thats great. But the Blackjack comes with SD Blackouts, thats AWESOME. The Hellraiser have awesome inlays. The Blackjack has a ''Meh'' inlay on the 12 fret. The Hellraiser have Jumbo Frets. The Blackjack have medium frets.

http://www.thomann.de/dk/schecter_hellraiser_c_1_special_bc.htm

http://www.thomann.de/dk/schecter_diamond_c1_blackjack_atxabs.htm

What you guys think?
i have played the blackjack and it is a very nice guitar.
it has a very nice neck.
plus the blackouts which are sweet.

HIGHLY recommend the blackjck
EMG > Blackouts imho.

I would go with Hellraiser, but really, the decision is pickups. Since you like the Blackouts, you should go with the Blackjack.
I prefer sound over looks, thats my opinion. So I'd go with the ATX
Schecter C-1 Classic in Seethru blue <333
Schecter Damien FR
Roland AC-60 acoustic amp
Boss GE-7 EQ
Line6 Ubermetal Distortion
Sigma Dx Acoustic
Get the hellraiser, replace the emgs with blackouts/ emg x series, and sell the pair of emgs that came stock in the hellraiser. Basically, you can change things like pickups easily, but changing fretwire, inlays, and so on, can only realistically be done by a luthier and cost much more than a set of pups
And sorry, but the blackouts destroy emgs period (I have both my ibanez rgs equipped with blackouts)
I've played both and IMO it's a tough call to make. Normally I'd say Blackouts have better cleans, however the EMGs in the Hellraiser can be coil-tapped making them IMO better. In the Blackjacks defence though I slightly prefered the neck because it wasn't painted.
I can't tell you much about the Blackjack, but I have a C-1 Hellraiser, and I rarely play it. The pickups in it are really only suited for heavy riffing...that's the only thing they sound good doing, IMO. They sound like crap clean, as they are very fuzzy and muddy sounding.

If you plan on playing anything that isn't heavily distorted or really high gain, you're gonna find yourself very frustrated trying to get a good tone out of the 81/85's in the Hellraiser.
Quote by metalriff735
I've played both and IMO it's a tough call to make. Normally I'd say Blackouts have better cleans, however the EMGs in the Hellraiser can be coil-tapped making them IMO better. In the Blackjacks defence though I slightly prefered the neck because it wasn't painted.

The special edition of HR has 81/85 so they can't be coil tapped.

Normal hellraiser has 81tw/89 though so they can be.

As for the original question, I'd get whichever looks I preferred the most. Then just swap the pups if need be.