Alright guys, i am considering a valveking 212 or a 6505 plus 112. i want to know if the 112 would be loud enough to do medium gigs with. help? also which 1 is just a better sounding amp?
Last edited by bluejaydude at Sep 22, 2010,
Yes.

For anything else, you'd more than likely be able to mic it up anyway, so it shouldn't be a problem.
Either is loud as f*ck.

And even though it's a matter of taste, I'd take the 6505 over the VK any day. 6505 is a great metal/heavy rock amp, VK is a pretty mediocre allrounder.
Quote by bluejaydude
Alright guys, i am considering a valveking 212 or a 6505 plus 112. i want to know if the 112 would be loud enough to do medium gigs with. help? also which 1 is just a better sounding amp?

I remember your old thread. Don't worry about getting a 2x12 since your friend has it.

If he had a MG stack would you get one?

Anyways, the 6505+ 112 is loud as fvck. And any respectable gig will have a PA system anyways.

There are a few occasions where my band had to rely on a cheap PA for just vocals, and then we all had to crank our amps. We were out doors, so we had to crank em for people to here us. I was using a VK stack then (Borrowed) And couldn't get the volume up past 4 without drowning out everybody else.

tl;dr get the 6505+, it will everything, even unmiced.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90