So i got my vt50 last week and im having a bit of a problem with saving channels.

I can save them fine and everything but I noticed that if Im in manual mode, find a sound i like, save it to a channel, and without moving any eq settings, go back to manual mode, the tone sounds different to the tone saved in the channel.

For example, I had high gain tone in the brian may model amp, saved it to a channel and it sounded like it had less gain then it did if i put it back to manual mode, and the saved tone was quieter.

Can someone please help me with this?
Quote by voodoochild23
The Pit is one of the most brutally honest places in the universe.

Quote by KeepOnRotting
I demand the nigga nyigguh nukka.

Well I don't know how it's with others vts, maybe this is a global thing but my VT also does weird shit. Say I got a tone on channel 3. I go to the channel and the volume for some reason is really low. I change to another channel and then back to channel 3 and its OK. I don't know it does a lot of weird stuff.
Yeah my VT30 did stuff like this when I had it.
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD M-200FM w/Tone Zone + PAF Pro
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
oh wow... mine works perfectly fine.

Maybe ur fiddling with the master volume?
The attenuator on the back also effects ur sound.

But by the sounds of it, u's all have faulty VTs? Or maybe the VT100's are just made perfect.
- Ibanez S470 (2004)
- late 70's vintage Fender Stratocaster (USA)
- VOX VT100 Amp
- Digitech Whammy Pedal
- Weeping Demon Wah Pedal
- Visual Sound Volume Pedal
- MXR Micro Amp
The best place to talk about vox vts is at voxamps.com they have a great forum or on valvetronix.net
The channel volume thing is a very common problem on vts. Along with input jack problems
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
Ok, so what difference does the master volume make other than volume (obviously)?
because i dont think ichanged it but just incase
Quote by voodoochild23

Quote by KeepOnRotting

Quote by funky-flopper
Ok, so what difference does the master volume make other than volume (obviously)?
because i dont think ichanged it but just incase

Generally the master volume only affects volume, but ive found that certain tones on the VT sound different when the master volume is drastically adjusted.

I tend to dial the tone i want from scratch every time i play instead of saving it, im just more comfortable this way and it doesnt take much effort once you know what you like. As previously suggested, i think youll have better luck on the Vox forums, no doubt numerous threads regarding this problem are up there already

Good luck
Guitars
Ibanez RG350MYE
Yamaha Pacifica 012
Tanglewood Evo Exotic TSF CE XFM

Amps
Vox Night Train w/ V112NT
Vox Valvetronix VT30

GAS List
MIA Strat
Schecter Blackjack ATX C-7
Diezel VH4

"Negative, I am a meat popsicle"
My vt50 doesn't have this problem, when is yours made?

you got it last week. Well that's weird. Contact vox or go to vox's forum
I'm up for building you a pedal.
(Or modding nearly anything moddable)
(PM Me.)
Dont worry, I worked out why it was doing it.
I wasnt holding the bank button until it flashed, then the channel. I was just pressing the channel button until it flashed, for some reason when I was doing this alot of reverb was being added too.

But its all sorted now, my bad haha.
Quote by voodoochild23

Quote by KeepOnRotting

I bought my VT50 yesterday and I'm still mucking around with the settings. Did yours come with a box and a manual because mine didn't.
^ Mine didn't have a box or a manual. There's a downloadable PDF manual at the Vox website.