searchbar didnt come up with anything similar. ive bought an xbox while on a gap year in england, but planning to go back to australia soon. just wondering, will it work properly? i emailed customer support for xbox 360, and it didnt say what i wanted to hear:
it said
"When buying an Xbox 360 console, you should be aware that Xbox 360 consoles are designed for use in specific countries or regions. This sometimes called "region locked." If you use your Xbox 360 console in a region other than where it was intended (for example, if you move to a different country or region), the console may not work as expected, or you may damage your Xbox 360 console. We recommend that you only use your Xbox 360 console in the region that the console was designed for.

Some of the problems that can happen if you use your Xbox 360 console in a region for which the console was not designed are described below.

Note: You cannot convert an Xbox 360 console for use in another region.

Note: Xbox console accessories do not have regional encoding or region-specific requirements.

- Games may not work correctly.

- Power voltage differences may damage the Xbox 360 console. Power voltages can be different in different countries or regions. Some conversion devices adapt foreign power supplies to work with local voltages, but these devices may not work as expected. Additionally, these devices often do not work with high-power devices such as desktop computers and Xbox 360 consoles. In some cases, these devices can damage the Xbox 360 console.

Note: If you use a power converter and the console is damaged, the console will not be covered under warranty.

- A television may not work correctly. Because television standards can be different in different countries or regions, local televisions may not function correctly with an Xbox 360 console from a different region."

i want some pit feedback, will it work? will games bought in aus work if i do take it back? etc.

cheers lads
Whoa there, mowgli, i see a boundary, i eat a boundary, and wash it down with a cup of hot steaming rules
i've known people with american bought consoles that took them over to europe (not the UK) and they worked just fine. had to run it off a transformer, and couldn't buy games there, but it didn't have problems other than that. Live worked just fine on it two.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
you can only buy PAL games in both UK and aus

I didn't know that. I have an NTSC 360 that I bought here in Singapore but they only sell PAL games...weird.
cat
the only thing you might need is a transformer or an adaptor. i'm not sure about the voltage in uk and aus but its probably the same

just be careful with volts its the only thing thats gonna permanently damage your xbox
sig-less
Its not the voltage that hurts it. It is the current created from the voltage.
Guitars
Prs Custom 24
Fender Jaguar
Gibson Les paul standard dc
Ibanez as71

Amps
Peavey xxx
Crate v-32h/cab

Effects
Dimebag wah
carbon copy
evh phase
blackstart ht-duel
holy grail plus
electric mistress stereo
dd-20
Quote by joey arce
Its not the voltage that hurts it. It is the current created from the voltage.

<3
THANK YOU

NTSC consoles run on 110V, PAL consoles run on 220V, so pluging and NTSC directly to the power outlet in a PAL region is going to fry the console.

another problem that you might face is the games, most games are region locked, i.e. a PAL game only works on a PAL console, some games are actually not region locked, like Halo and Gears of War games, so you can actually run a PAL Halo game on and NTSC console.

the third problem that you MAY face is the TV, PAL TVs run on different frequencies than NTSC TVs, but the thing is most TVs you change the frequency from the menu, or that might be done automatically, so this wont bother anyone most of the times.

these are the only problems that you may face, actually there is one more minor one, some countries have restrictions on the downloadable content, for example here in the UAE you are not allowed to download anything rated R, but that doesnt really affect the console so whatever
il sara7a il sara7a, i made you a goat but i eated it

we are not racist, we hate everyone equally
Quote by d(^o^)b
<3
THANK YOU

NTSC consoles run on 110V, PAL consoles run on 220V, so pluging and NTSC directly to the power outlet in a PAL region is going to fry the console.

another problem that you might face is the games, most games are region locked, i.e. a PAL game only works on a PAL console, some games are actually not region locked, like Halo and Gears of War games, so you can actually run a PAL Halo game on and NTSC console.

the third problem that you MAY face is the TV, PAL TVs run on different frequencies than NTSC TVs, but the thing is most TVs you change the frequency from the menu, or that might be done automatically, so this wont bother anyone most of the times.

these are the only problems that you may face, actually there is one more minor one, some countries have restrictions on the downloadable content, for example here in the UAE you are not allowed to download anything rated R, but that doesnt really affect the console so whatever

ok so just confirming, i've looked some stuff up to do with voltages (http://www.kropla.com/electric2.htm), and in UK, its 230 volts (not uncommon to get 240 though), and in Australia its 240V.

also both aus and UK seem to have PAL tv setups (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PAL_region)

and i assume that means games sold in both will be PAL?

so judging by that, all i would have to do is get another adaptor for the australian wall port and ill be flyin?
Whoa there, mowgli, i see a boundary, i eat a boundary, and wash it down with a cup of hot steaming rules
Quote by MeltedDashboard
ok so just confirming, i've looked some stuff up to do with voltages (http://www.kropla.com/electric2.htm), and in UK, its 230 volts (not uncommon to get 240 though), and in Australia its 240V.

also both aus and UK seem to have PAL tv setups (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PAL_region)

and i assume that means games sold in both will be PAL?

so judging by that, all i would have to do is get another adaptor for the australian wall port and ill be flyin?

no you wont need an adaptor to change the voltage from 230-240V, the console the voltage in the PAL regions is 220-240V, most devices are made to work in that range,

edit: they recently changed the power supply voltage in the UAE from 240V to 230V, no one even knows about it in here, the only reason i knew, is because they sent our company a circular about that
il sara7a il sara7a, i made you a goat but i eated it

we are not racist, we hate everyone equally
Last edited by d(^o^)b at Sep 22, 2010,
Quote by d(^o^)b
no you wont need an adaptor to change the voltage from 230-240V, the console the voltage in the PAL regions is 220-240V, most devices are made to work in that range,

edit: they recently changed the power supply voltage in the UAE from 240V to 230V, no one even knows about it in here, the only reason i knew, is because they sent our company a circular about that

He means the different shaped plugs.
In which case yes, and it should be fine.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect