This is not a versus thread, it's only meant for me to gain some perspective. If you had to choose between Rotterdam or Amsterdam to live for one year, which city and why?
Well, I'm obviously biased, as I live in Amsterdam, but I love it here. Beautiful city, nice people, and lots of things to do. I don't know rotterdam that well, so cant tell u much about that.
Rotterdam...because it is anywhere
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Never been to Rotterdam, but from what I've heard, its better than Amsterdam. That said I really enjoyed Amsterdam. Not sure I'd want to live there though.
The plan was to drink until the pain over.
But what's worse, the pain or the hangover?
Who am I? I'm a titan so be expectin' a clash.
More like Highsterdam or Rotterdam am I right?!?!

Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
You're gonna get more or less legal pot in both places... Rotterdam won't be as filled with dodgy tourists though x)
Yamaha RGX 520FZ
Squier Affinitys Strat (customized!)
Johnson 620 Player Acoustic

Boss HM3 hyper metal
Boss CH1 super chorus
Zoom G1X

Peavey Valveking Royal 8
New: Peavey JSX Mini Collosal
Quote by HeliuM
You're gonna get more or less legal pot in both places... Rotterdam won't be as filled with dodgy tourists though x)

Thank You, kind sir.
Amsterdam

In Rotterdam, 60% is immigrant. Way more criminality. Amsterdam has a nicer atmosphere.

And if it's about pot, you can get that everywhere in Holland. Where I live there was the biggest coffeeshop (place where they sell drugs) in Europe. And it was near Belgium. Now it's out of bussiness because there was a lot of illegal stuff going on.
Last edited by WtrPlyr at Sep 22, 2010,
I haven't been to Rotterdam, but as far as I know it's more modern/industrial. Personally I'd prefer Amsterdam's atmosphere and architecture (which I have been to).
UG FORUM
Your 21st Century Ant Farm
Corroborating Sturgeon's Law Since 2003
Eindhoven.

Nah, let me describe a bit of both:
Amsterdam: Big, international city, always busy, likeable people, a lof of posh.
Rotterdam: Also big, also busy, people are a bit more laidback, there's some more working class and the people are very nice.
Rotterdam

In Rotterdam, 60% of people aren't Dutch.
St. Mirren F.C
Champions of Renfrewshire Since 2006
SPL Survivors Since 2006
Amsterdam all the way. Love that city. Also, might I suggest the dutchies thread?
rotterdam

amsterdam is just full of tourists. the people in rotterdam are great, very laid back.
you are what you is
Rotterdam, just because of this guy:

Quote by Snowblind 911

maybe it's because of your description, or the fact that it's 1:30am here, or both, i can't stop giggling.

Sometimes girls say that too...
ive lived in both. here it is:

amsterdam: tourists, beautiful city, lots of culture and history on the street, music scene more instrument-oriented, more laidback, more village-like

rotterdam: working class, higher rate of crime, music scene mostly dance-oriented, also a lot of culture but more museum-based, generally a less friendly city
*stupid 09'er*

this space is for rent. PM me for rates
Been to Amsterdam a ton of times and I never get sick of the city, a very cool place to live I imagine
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
Quote by WtrPlyr
Where I live there was the biggest coffeeshop (place where they sell drugs) in Europe..

then WHERE DO THEY SELL COFFEE???
Quote by silent caution
When i was younger i used to pee in peoples shoes and blame their dog
I suggest you choose neither of those. I actually live in Amstelveen near Amsterdam and it is much more beautiful. May I ask you why you have want to live in one of those two citites? Maybe you could better take a smaller city close to it.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by nightraven
rotterdam.
amsterdam has more freaky people.

This

I like the people in Rotterdam a little more, and the city center is slightly better IMO. It also has the largest guitar store in the Netherlands I believe.

EDIT: ^ That guy above me is right, ever heard of Bergen op Zoom?
████████████
████████████
████████████

RNLAF

I Like Planes
What?

Go to Rotherham! Trust me, you'll be disappointed.
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Amsterdam is such a shithole. Rotterdam is a nice little suburb.

Oh, wait...you're not talking about New York.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by Chylyn
then WHERE DO THEY SELL COFFEE???

Well, where they sell the drugs we in Holland call it literally coffeeshops, the English word. We have a normal dutch word for a thing the rest of the world would call coffeeshop. But here in Holland we don't really know the phenomenon coffeeshop.
Amsterdam, for obvious reasons.

And it's a beautiful city, with a lot of culture.

❝Don't be afraid of death, but of an inadequate life❞
Bertolt Bretcht

Quote by Neo Evil11
I suggest you choose neither of those. I actually live in Amstelveen near Amsterdam and it is much more beautiful. May I ask you why you have want to live in one of those two citites? Maybe you could better take a smaller city close to it.

Actually, this. Choose a town like Eindhoven, Tilburg or Enschede if you are planning to participate in an exchange program or Breda or s'Hertogenbosch if you are planning for sightseeing.
I live near Breda, it has a beautiful rural environment and all the good fun a large city has.
Quote by Snowblind 911

maybe it's because of your description, or the fact that it's 1:30am here, or both, i can't stop giggling.

Sometimes girls say that too...
Quote by Ramy91
Well, I'm obviously biased, as I live in Amsterdam, but I love it here. Beautiful city, nice people, and lots of things to do. I don't know rotterdam that well, so cant tell u much about that.

This.
Tell me who's that writin'...