Ive recently bought some Shure SRH840s and since ive used them my ears have changed a little.

When I drink coffee, yawn and other random things they suddenly feel pressured (like your on a mountain or in a plane). This happened very rarely before and ive always blasted my music (through an amp) so I would have thought if they were going to die on me it would have happened by now.

It also happens when I simply put on the Hphones which is quite wierd.... Is it normal or could it be a bad sign??

Ive cleaned my ears out so its not that.

Note: This is my first ever pair of Over the head headphones.

Any ideas/ diagnosises??
Fender Lonestar Stratocaster
Epiphone LP Standard
Peavey Milestone III bass
Tanglewood rebel 4k bass (r.i.p)
Marshall G215CDR
Shure SRH840
Quote by MWriff
Ive recently bought some Shure SRH840s and since ive used them my ears have changed a little.

When I drink coffee, yawn and other random things they suddenly feel pressured (like your on a mountain or in a plane). This happened very rarely before and ive always blasted my music (through an amp) so I would have thought if they were going to die on me it would have happened by now.

It also happens when I simply put on the Hphones which is quite wierd.... Is it normal or could it be a bad sign??

Ive cleaned my ears out so its not that.

Note: This is my first ever pair of Over the head headphones.

Any ideas/ diagnosises??

Sinuses, allergies... Etc. Don't worry about it. Its that time of year.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by Vitor_vdp
Idea: stop blasting your music.

/thread

yep.
I listen to my music rather loud and it is damaging for your ears.
I get the "in-ear" sound cancelling or isolating earphones
You cut outside sounds right down, and as a result can keep your volume a bit lower.
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
You might want to have your ears checked just in case though. You might have ear wax build up in your inner ear. Or you might just have damage. Your doctor or a clinic can run a hearing test to check the decibel levels that your ear can register. I wouldn't trust online forum members with your health.
+1, if you're worried about it see a doctor. It could be the beginnings of glue ear or something like that.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I had a bum ear for 3 weeks from ascending from 60 ft too fast while scuba diving... There's no way you caused worse damage than that with headphones, and even that healed up just fine on its own.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
its either sinuses and alergies or just you just blasting you music which is a stupid thing to do as a musician..your hearing is your most important asset.

I have sinus and allergies problem around this time of year. It can get so bad in my ears that it kinda throws off my balance..it sucks majorly

try turning your music down if that doesnt work then too bad you should have known better
Quote by tubetime86
I had a bum ear for 3 weeks from ascending from 60 ft too fast while scuba diving... There's no way you caused worse damage than that with headphones, and even that healed up just fine on its own.

it might be a coincidence, though (the headphones). I noticed my ear being effed up after playing through my engl, and I doubt that caused it.

As I said, doctor.

EDIT: this isn't necessarily aimed at you, it's mainly aimed at everyone in the thread who's suggesting fixes, or saying what it definitely is. There are any number of things it could be, and a doctor is the one person qualified to tell you what it might be, unlike, I presume, the vast majority of people in this thread. Just because you had vaguely similar symptoms once doesn't mean you're a doctor now.

EDIT #2: Heck a doctor wouldn't be willing to diagnose you based on a forum post, that's why you have to go to see him/her.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Sep 22, 2010,
Quote by Dave_Mc
+1, if you're worried about it see a doctor. It could be the beginnings of glue ear or something like that.

UG is a doctor.

I blame wax build up too. I have the same problem. Been around loud music for 15+ years, and never had a problem until about a year ago, but I know it's just wax build up cause I get pains in the side of neck occasionally as well.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Ya I suppose you're right Dave. Its just very easy for me to not take other problems seriously, as they are not mine. Who's the fool; the guy giving advice on health on a guitar forum, or the guy asking for it?

Quote by Guitarbaddie
UG is a doctor.

+1
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by Guitarbaddie
UG is a doctor.

hehe

Quote by tubetime86
Ya I suppose you're right Dave. Its just very easy for me to not take other problems seriously, as they are not mine. Who's the fool; the guy giving advice on health on a guitar forum, or the guy asking for it?

hehe. Seriously, though, the way I work is that if I can give a decent answer, I do, and if I can't, I point the person in the way of someone who can.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Well is there some sort of DB measure you could give us to how loud you are listening to your music? The big problem of today with headphones and earbuds is that they're are a lot of SPL's coming out of the phones with nowhere to go but into your ear and your ear isn't built to handle a lot of SPL's. Think of your ear as a Ribbon microphone.
After seeing that the headphones are 40 ohms you could most definitely cause hearing damage from it without a headphone amp. OP, all I can tell you is that if infact the headphones are causing this problem then you should know that once you lose your hearing you NEVER get it back. Its how its always been and you wont know what im completely talking about until you start to notice hearing loss. Remember just because you don't feel pain when you turn it up doesn't mean that you aren't damaging the little hairs in your eardrum.

IMO it sounds like you are getting sick and your experiencing sinus congestion.
Sounds like you might be developing an ear infection. Wearing closed headphones for too long will lead to a buildup of bacteria in your ears, which can cause pressure behind the eardrum.

Of course, that's wild speculation and you should go see a medical professional.
your ears are broken. cut them off and sell them on e-bay. use the cash you make to help fund new active ears.
Quote by Sputnik1
You might want to have your ears checked just in case though. You might have ear wax build up in your inner ear. Or you might just have damage. Your doctor or a clinic can run a hearing test to check the decibel levels that your ear can register. I wouldn't trust online forum members with your health.

i had problems with ear wax build up last winter, i had to get my ears cleaned several times. a pain in the ass, but can be really easy to get fixed depending what happened, just dont stick anything up your ears and visit the doctors
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.