So I started college today (UK) and the rest of the lads on my music course have either Marshall MG or Line 6 Spiders. They think they're awesome too, there is no way of persuading them that they're garbage, PLEASE HELP ME!
Whatever. It's their money, their tone. You can tell people in the face until they're blue that they're amps aren't as good as they think. One of my buddy's was so proud of his FM 1/2 stack (Hel yeah. Imagine that concert: One fm 1/2 stack, one MG 1/2 stack )

Anyways, best thing you can do is play your amp, and get them interested in gear. eventually, they're tastes will become more refined and they'll have GAS for good shit like everyone else.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
if they want it let them have it. i've got an MG, and for bedroom playing it does the job. think of it as you're going to the park to have a kick about of footy with your mates, you wouldn't think to ask steven gerrard, wayne rooney, lionel messi and john terry to play because it's just surplus to requirements, maybe they just want to play in their rooms as a hobby and not gig like others.
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Quote by Dempsey68
think of it as you're going to the park to have a kick about of footy with your mates, you wouldn't think to ask steven gerrard, wayne rooney, lionel messi and john terry to play because it's just surplus to requirements, maybe they just want to play in their rooms as a hobby and not gig like others.

That's the worst metaphor ever.
Quote by Andrew/WK
So I started college today (UK) and the rest of the lads on my music course have either Marshall MG or Line 6 Spiders. They think they're awesome too, there is no way of persuading them that they're garbage, PLEASE HELP ME!

You make it sound like you won't be able to live another day being around that noise.

They are students, most likely new students as well, what do they know about tone?

The kids with MGs probably think they are hot shit cause they have a marshall amp, while the kids with Spiders probably wish they had the MG.

Either way, it's their money.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Really? Who cares, let them bathe in their ignorance.
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.