I'm up in the air between these two amps right now.

Does anyone have any experience with either or both of these amps?

what do you like/dislike about them?

I play a lot of satriani, dream theater, older metallica, etc. I don't really go into the drop tunings.

What i love about the rivera is the note definition. you strum a chord and you can pick out the individual notes. The cleans on the rivera are incredible, too.

I haven't heard a legacy in person, so i can't comment on it.

Cheers
From what I've heard, the Legacy is kind of a one-trick pony, in that it does smooth leads very well but kinda sucks for rhythm.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
i've heard that you can only really sound like steve vai :shrugs: its got a very smooth distortion for leads and a good clena channel but other than that its kinda meh

haven't tried the Rivera but i've heard its pretty awesome
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
A local shop has a Rivera venus 5 on the shelf and that amp blew me away.

What I really dig about the Carvin is that it has 25/50/100 watt power, and can be switched via midi.

edit: didn't realize that the rivera also has midi and a 100/55 watt switch
Last edited by -zilla- at Sep 22, 2010,
Quote by -zilla-
A local shop has a Rivera venus 5 on the shelf and that amp blew me away.

What I really dig about the Carvin is that it has 25/50/100 watt power, and can be switched via midi.

that is useful but for the styles you play i honestly wouldn't recommend it really.

whats your budget btw?? theres other amps out there that may be better for you
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
What other amps?

I've played thru other amps - egnators, engl, boogie, blablabla. the only other one that i liked was the boogie mk5, but is was still missing "something".

I have an ADA MP-1 with the recto mod on it, so i have that tone down.
The legacy II does smooth leads great and from what I played in the store, has excellent cleans and purty good rhythm tones. A v3 would do it better for you, I'd own one if I had th money!
I'm up for building you a pedal.
(Or modding nearly anything moddable)
(PM Me.)
K-Tre, without a doubt.

I haven't tried the Legacy II, but I had a Legacy I and the K-Tre absolutely destroys it.

One of the best sounding high gain amps I've ever heard. Awesome clean channel and a kickass lead channel.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com