Yay new bass day!!

Recently moved up to Leeds to study at the College Of Music here, doing a degree. Unfortunately i could only bring 1 of my 4 strings up (both 5 and 6 string are left in the studio for band practises 60 miles away and are pains to take on a train with me) so i thought i'd have a look in some shops for a nice 2nd hand 5 string... 3 days later i find this:

Sorry about the bad pics... done on a webcam

The newest addition to my family: Yamaha BBN5
Price: £130 in the end

Needs some refurbishments though a lot of the gold hardwares been worn away, not much i can do on that but replace the knobs, needs to strap locks and screws, neck needs cleaning and new strings. But all in all not bad for £130.

Which now makes my 3rd Yamaha BB ^^
Last edited by barronobeefdip at Sep 22, 2010,
I like the finish, looks good with the gold hardware too. How's it sound?

Also, out of curiosity, which shop did you buy it from?
Sounds quite tasty, normal Jazz bass sound but very punchy, B strings a bit floppy though, will be changed soon anyway.

Can't remember the name of the shop or the street :\ only been living up here for a week. Wasn't Northern Music i know that much XD
130? Killer deal. Those BB's are great basses, sexy too. HNBD
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Quote by barronobeefdip
Sounds quite tasty, normal Jazz bass sound but very punchy, B strings a bit floppy though, will be changed soon anyway.

Can't remember the name of the shop or the street :\ only been living up here for a week. Wasn't Northern Music i know that much XD

Ah right, it wasn't the shop opposite Northern Guitars was it, Music Ground?
Quote by Ziphoblat
Ah right, it wasn't the shop opposite Northern Guitars was it, Music Ground?

No, thats closed down now actually.
Congrats gorgeous bass. Lets see a review
1st Schecter 8er? in UG's 7 String Legion
Conklin GT-7
Hartke Hydrive 210C
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Bugera 1990 Head
Dunlop wah
Saxon snakeskin 1x12 cab
I Nouni
Quote by barronobeefdip
No, thats closed down now actually.

You sure? They sort of own two buildings, one of which is unused; wasn't that one was it?

It would surprise me if they'd closed down, they used to get a lot of business - it'd please me though, they were a set of robbing bastards in there.
Quote by Ziphoblat
You sure? They sort of own two buildings, one of which is unused; wasn't that one was it?

It would surprise me if they'd closed down, they used to get a lot of business - it'd please me though, they were a set of robbing bastards in there.

No, i think it was called Big Deal, but the upstairs and both the parts of that store are being gutted and gone completely now
HNBD! I love me some Yamaha's, and yours is gorgeous.

You got it for a steal too
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Not a big fan of Yamaha basses (I love their other stuff though).

But that bass looks really nice I might say HNBD!
pinga
I have a 4 string version of this, in black. Very reliable, nice "bassy" tone.