Hello UG members, I am looking to get a little insight on this Steve Lukather guitar subwoofer from ISP Technologies. I've been quite interested as to how it will change how my guitar sounds. Stephen Carpenter from Deftones uses it, which is how I found out about it. Do any of you guys own it, or a guitar subwoofer similar to it? Here is a link for more info:

http://www.isptechnologies.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=38&Itemid=99

Thanks for any replies!
FOR SALE, PM me offers!:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifer - 9/10 Condition
Mesa Boogie 2x12 Cabinet - 9/10 Condition
Jerry Cantrell Wah - 10/10
Dimebag Wah - 9/10

7-STRING/ERG LEGION.
It'll come in handy if you're playing 7/8 strings or if you tune down really low on a 6 string. Otherwise, I have a feeling that it'll just be stepping all over your bassist if you try to use it in a live setting.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
Quote by TheDefected
You'll never need a bassist again?
I really have no idea, I'm actually pretty interest in this.

seems to be the point now-a-days.
I do own a 7 string and I won't lie, it sounds like shit through a 4x12 with my Dual Rec and even my 6505+. I'm thinking this subwoofer would help really expand my tone and tighten the low end, since it sounds really floppy to me. So, my mids and high's would be defined even more through my normal guitar cab, and the low end would be handled well with the subwoofer. Yes, I thought that I would be ****ing over the bass if I get this, but I am willing to accept that if he will haha. I assume that most guitar players don't use guitar subwoofers? I am REALLY curious as to how it sounds...
FOR SALE, PM me offers!:
Dimebag Wah - 9/10

7-STRING/ERG LEGION.
What cab and speakers are you using? You're right that not all guitarists use subwoofers, even a lot of those playing 7/8 strings.

Additionally, your pickups will play a big role in how well your low end stays together on a 7-string.

Also, I can't vouch for the Dual Rec, but on my 6505+, the low B sounds best when I pull back the resonance and bass to at LEAST 12:00.
Axe-FX Standard
Marshall 4x12 cabinet, ESP LTD Baritone 7 string, EMG 707's neck and bridge. I can't seem to find anybody that uses this or anything like it... but I will try dialing back on the resonance and bass, thanks!
FOR SALE, PM me offers!:
Dimebag Wah - 9/10

7-STRING/ERG LEGION.
Do you know which specific cabinet and speakers? The construction of the cabinet and the types of speakers also play a big role in how your low end comes out. That being said, your guitar/pickups should be fine.
Axe-FX Standard
I don't know the model, and I don't have it with me right now unfortunately, but I think your right about the construction. I don't think I bought this cab for a lot of money, seems like a lower end cabinet, but it sounds great with my 6 string guitars. As for my Mesa 2x12 cabinet, it doesnt handle the low end that well either, but it's probably because its a 2x12 lol.

I guess I won't get a response any time soon of somebody here that owns it...I feel foolish for not checking for an ISP Forum first
FOR SALE, PM me offers!:
Dimebag Wah - 9/10

7-STRING/ERG LEGION.
Last edited by knownasceejay at Sep 22, 2010,
And it turns out that the ISP forum is a failure...
FOR SALE, PM me offers!:
Dimebag Wah - 9/10

7-STRING/ERG LEGION.