ok so i am now a proud owner of a peavey valveking 212

before i do a NAD thread i have a couple of questions.

does anybody know where i can get a manual from? i had a glance at the peavey website but i cant see anything. i didnt get one with it since its 2nd hand

and finally is there a "how to" guitar to effects loops? its the first amp i have had with one and i would rather ask before i start plugging things in and possibly breaking things lol

thanks in advance =)
Quote by Metalmarathon
The concept of self-fulfilling prophecies never seem to occur to the ones that always create them.

Attic Green
My Band
what fx do you have? generally you just plug a guitar lead from the "FX send" jack to the input of the pedal, link all the other pedals you want after that pedal as normal with patch leads, and then run another guitar cable from the output of the last pedal to the "FX return" jack.

not all fx want to be in the loop, though, so it depends on what you have.

EDIT: HNAD too!
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
oh ok thanks for the manual!

and i have a few effects to be honest but relevent ones are:

behringer sm200
EHX cathedral reverb
visual sound H2O
MXR 10 band EQ
Barber dirty bomb (distortion)

dont think i need the dirty bomb anymore since the amp has a good lead channel but i could do with the pointers on what effects to put in the loop.
Quote by Metalmarathon
The concept of self-fulfilling prophecies never seem to occur to the ones that always create them.

Attic Green
My Band
what's the sm200?

I'd probably put the reverb and h2o in the loop, eq could go either place depending on what you want to use it for, dirty bomb in front of the amp if you decide to use it.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
from what i can work out,

EQ reverb are the common FX loop pedals...

that barber should be in the front... i'll buy the pedal if your selling btw? :P
Quote by Dave_Mc
what's the sm200?

"The Behringer SM200 effects pedal smoothes out your guitar's attack and swells the volume automatically-letting your guitar sound like a violin. This pedal provides a very classic and famous slow motion sound effect. The SM200 features dedicated Attack and Sensitivity controls for awesome sound shaping."

I've haven't heard of it either
Gear
3rd Power Amplification HD100
Splawn Competition
Marshall 1987x
Vox AC30C2

Charvel San Dimas 1 2H
2008 Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender MIM Strat

Check out my YouTube channel!
oh a compressor? I'm guessing that's what that is... assuming it is, i'd put that in front of the amp too.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The Tone King on youtube did an Effects Pedal Chain Perfected video if you wanna take a look, he talks about effects loops too
Guitars:
Fame Forum 3
Aria STG-004
Ashton Acoustic

Amps:
Bugera V22
Drive CD-10

Effects:
Boss ME-50

Quote by Kanthras
2/10

No fire extinguisher reference, unoriginal, no Militia flamebait, disappointing.

Bugera Users Militia
Last.fm
Quote by baf250
"The Behringer SM200 effects pedal smoothes out your guitar's attack and swells the volume automatically-letting your guitar sound like a violin. This pedal provides a very classic and famous slow motion sound effect. The SM200 features dedicated Attack and Sensitivity controls for awesome sound shaping."

I've haven't heard of it either

no i found it after ALOT of research.

its basically an automatic volume pedal. so you play a note and it fades into the note. i went on the hunt for it when an effect on my boss BR caught my attention.

its a clone of a boss slow gear that went out of production in the 80's i think.

its a pretty cool effect, especially coupled with a delay pedal and well worth a look when its only £20
Quote by Metalmarathon

Attic Green
My Band
Quote by Dave Frenzy
no i found it after ALOT of research.

its basically an automatic volume pedal. so you play a note and it fades into the note. i went on the hunt for it when an effect on my boss BR caught my attention.

That's what the description I posted says...
Gear
3rd Power Amplification HD100
Splawn Competition
Marshall 1987x
Vox AC30C2

Charvel San Dimas 1 2H
2008 Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender MIM Strat

Check out my YouTube channel!
Quote by baf250

That's what the description I posted says...

yeah i know, i just summed it up in 1 line lol
Quote by Metalmarathon

Attic Green
My Band
oh ok. It sounds like it's doing something similar to a compressor... probably still put it in front of the amp?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?