I was looking at the application for admission form from Musician's Institute, and I noticed that they ask for a minimum SAT score of 500 for Critical Reading, Maths and Writing. I'm not familiar with SAT scores, so are these good scores, average, easy or what?

Much appreciated.
I could do it with your mums eyes closed.

Quote by Våd Hamster
Find a dice and assign a number to each girl. Throw the dice.

The number you hope for at the moment you throw the dice, is the one you'll want to keep.
500 for each section is average. Standard deviation is 100. Standard bell curve applies.
There will probably be a signature here at some point.
Lower than average I would say; it's out of 800 points and you get 100 points per section for just writing your identification in correctly or something like that. Very achievable.

600 is considered a good score, 650+ a great score. 500 should be no problem.
Quote by metacarpi
I'd rather post a chat up line with an escape route in case it starts going wrong.

"Did it hurt when you fell from heaven?"

*girl looks unimpressed*

"Because it looks like you landed on your face."
I'm pretty sure you'd have to be a literal retard to not be able to get a 500. But I never took the SATs, so I'm not 100% on that.
I wanted to know this as I'm taking IB Diploma course after finishing IGCSE, and was thinking if I should choose Standard Level Maths or Maths Studies (the easiest maths).
For example, if I finished IGCSE (international GCSE) with an A in Maths, and did the SAT straight after that, would I be able to get a 500 in the Maths?

Edit: thanks guys, that answers my question well enough.