Page 1 of 2
I'm gonna buy a BC Rich electric guitar (and an amp, too) and i need some advices. I can't decide which one of these models should i buy -'cause i don't know so much think about electric guitars-. Here's the models;

BC Rich Red Bevel Warlock Pack or
BC Rich Warbeast One Onyx with a decent amp?(Like Ibanez IBZ10g or Marshall mg10?)

And here's my questions;

- What is the differences between that Red Bevel Warlock and the other BC Rich Warlocks?

- Is Red Bevel Warlock Pack's amp a qualified amp? Is it better than IBZ10g / Marshall mg10 or at least, is it as enough as IBZ10g / Marshall mg10 ?

- If we compare the sound quality (i love dark and distorted sounds), Should i buy that Red Bevel Pack or buy a BC Rich Warbeast Onyx One + amp?

Thanks.
Last edited by ithil.craban at Sep 22, 2010,
if your just beginning to play guitar buy the package, if not and this isnt your first guitar buy neither and save up
Quote by ithil.craban
What's wrong with BC Rich?

Flameshield on!
"Don’t be a guitarist. Be a musician."

Steve Howe
Quote by RetroGunslinger
if your just beginning to play guitar buy the package, if not and this isnt your first guitar buy neither and save up

Yes, it gonna be my first. Do you know something about Red Bevel Pack's amp? Does it have a distortion? And can i hear an Immortal-like sound with that pack?
Quote by von gelb
Flameshield on!

No no, i'm just wondering 'cause i'm new to the electro guitars
Quote by ithil.craban
No no, i'm just wondering 'cause i'm new to the electro guitars

Most people bash BC Rich around here, cause they (well, the Bronze series) are not that good guitars. There are a lot better guitars for metal in that price range, especially if you are looking at Ibanez, LTD or Epiphone.
"Don’t be a guitarist. Be a musician."

Steve Howe
Quote by ithil.craban
Yes, it gonna be my first. Do you know something about Red Bevel Pack's amp? Does it have a distortion? And can i hear an Immortal-like sound with that pack?

If this is going to be your first guitar, then a B.C. Rich is cool. The the "Pack" level, most of the guitars are about the same quality; just above crap. BUT they give you a good feel for playing electric, they are great to learn on and they don't require a heavy investment, jsut incase you decided that you don't care to play or in case you break it.
Nothing is wrong with BC Riches once they get to a certain price. I'm a BC Rich owner too so I have no stereotypical regarding that brand. But in your price range, you're going to get crap anyway, BC Rich or not.

Usually packs aren't any good and you're better off buying guitar and amp separately. If you can't stretch your price range, consider second hand equipment. Also, cheap and pack amps are so bad that you should consider playing through your computer (if possible) or getting a headphone amp (such as Vox Amplug) or a multieffect pedal - you'll get better pieces of equipment for less money.

Regarding guitar, look into some fixed bridge, humbucker equipped guitars on second hand market. Or if you really want to buy a new guitar, also try some other guitars and see if you can play easier on them. Shape usually gets boring (I know mine did) but playability and sound stays.
Quote by von gelb
Most people bash BC Rich around here, cause they (well, the Bronze series) are not that good guitars. There are a lot better guitars for metal in that price range, especially if you are looking at Ibanez, LTD or Epiphone.

So i should look for Ibanez? Honestly, the reason of why i choose BC Rich is it's looking It's look like really made for metal and it's so cool
Thanks for your opinon HalfDose & -Rodion- . I'm a real amateur so i'll play only in home for practice, practice and practice. But when i buy a guitar & amp i don't wanna hear a bad sound and say "sh*t, i can't play!!!". You know, it's about ambition =)
Quote by ithil.craban
So i should look for Ibanez? Honestly, the reason of why i choose BC Rich is it's looking It's look like really made for metal and it's so cool

The Ibanez bundle pack is a bit better.

Also, you can play any kind of music on any kinid of guitar. At your level, you can try out a lot more things then a far advanced play
Quote by ithil.craban
What's wrong with BC Rich?

The best guitar I've ever played by far was a custom B.C.Rich
Many of the worst were B.C.Rich

Choose carefully my friend.
is this your first guitar and amp?

what's your budget? what kind of music? (I'm guessing brootz )

EDIT: I think the general consensus is to avoid start packs, and to avoid cheap BC riches (Bronze series, I think).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
is this your first guitar and amp?

what's your budget? what kind of music? (I'm guessing brootz )

EDIT: I think the general consensus is to avoid start packs, and to avoid cheap BC riches (Bronze series, I think).

Yes, it's gonna be my first guitar and amp
My budget, well, let's say, not so much =)
I love metal and hard rock
seriously, what's your budget, along with the currency? I appreciate you probably want to spend as little as possible, but sometimes (not always) that's a false economy.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Those amps are absolute trash... you won't want to play metal through them, especially the MG10watt.

Atleast get a Peavey Vypyr 15-30 watt, or Roland Cube 20 watt for 100-200 bucks. There's no point in buying anything less than these. You'll be really sorry later on. You could find them online for cheaper if you're really low on cash.

you may find a B.C. Rich around that price, but I would recommend playing a lot of different guitars at that price level, and settle on one that you really like the feel/sound of.
Gear:

Squier Strat
Epiphone Explorer
Agile AL-3100

No AMP
Quote by Dave_Mc
seriously, what's your budget, along with the currency? I appreciate you probably want to spend as little as possible, but sometimes (not always) that's a false economy.

I live in Turkey, and in here music instruments are pretty expensive. So what is cheap in europa or USA, is expensive in mine I've got about 420$
thanks. $420 would buy you a roland microcube or vox da5 (they're around £80 here in the UK, which is about $120) and a Yamaha Pacifica 112v (~£180 or so, or about $250), but I don't know about prices in Turkey, as you say, they're probably a lot dearer.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by ithil.craban

Ibanez is the way to go. Now if your going to be spending quite a bit of money then by all meens get a higher end bc rich because the higher end ones are great. If I bought a low end bc rich I would only do so to hang on my wall for decoration.
Im not a fan of warlocks, ya they look cool, but the primary concern should be is it comfortable? does it sound good to you?

judging by the cost of the pack around 300 bucks USD, ill assume thats all you have to play with.

with that you can get a much better guitar from ESP, Jackson, Ibanez or even peavey.

The amp i would go for a Peavey Vypyr 15. Its a modulating amp so all the effects are built in, and it sounds damn good. The Vypyr will run you 100 bucks USD.

Add 40 bucks to your budget and you can get a
Peavey Predator Plus EXP
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-Predator-Plus-EXP-Guitar?sku=511368

Add 20 to your budget and you get an ESP
ESP LTD M-53
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-M53-Electric-Guitar?sku=515729

Or if you cant add to your budget.
your choices for Ibanez are pretty good..
Although i HATE Agathis (body wood) some of these are basswood as well.
Ibanez GART50QA
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-GART50QA-Electric-Guitar?sku=584121

Ibanez GART50FA
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-GART50FA-Electric-Guitar?sku=584120

Ibanez GART50
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-GART50QA-Electric-Guitar?sku=584122

Ibanez GSA60
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-GSA60-Electric-Guitar?sku=519536

With Jackson, I hate their pricing, if you want something other then black you have to pay a little more. however these are good beginner guitars.

Jackson JS23
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-JS23-Dinky-Electric-Guitar?sku=584374

Jackson JS22R
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-JS22R-Dinky-Electric-Guitar?sku=584373

Jackson JS1R
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-JS1R-Dinky-Electric-Guitar?sku=584372

All of these guitars, are not only have better construction, but are more likely to be used long into your guitar player career.
Last edited by Alucard817 at Sep 22, 2010,
Thanks a lot for your advices Alucard817 Which one of these is the most suitable for a beginner black/doom metal lover like me? (I don't like clean sound, i'm a man of dark and disturbed sounds)
get an ibanez rg for $150 and a vypyr or line 6 15 watt
Fender Stratocaster USA Deluxe 2005
MIJ Fender Contemporary Stratocaster '85-'86 HSS System I DiMarzio SD Bridge
Epiphone 2010 Les Paul Tribute
Ibanez AW30ECE Acoustic
Line 6 IV 75w (lol)
Quote by ithil.craban

If you simply like the BC Rich look i would suggest buying a decent started pack as suggested above and then saving up, and if you still want a BC Rich type guitar, buying an LTD AX 360

theyre a bit better than your standard BC
Quote by ithil.craban
Thanks a lot for your advices Alucard817 Which one of these is the most suitable for a beginner black/doom metal lover like me? (I don't like clean sound, i'm a man of dark and disturbed sounds)

any guitar with high gain pickups will do what you want.
hell you can even use a squier with upgraded pups to play doom metal.

play some of these guitars, figure out which one suits you.
Quote by DaysoftheBlue
If you simply like the BC Rich look i would suggest buying a decent started pack as suggested above and then saving up, and if you still want a BC Rich type guitar, buying an LTD AX 360

theyre a bit better than your standard BC

It's look like fantastic! But i couldn't find that model in Turkey =/ Thanks anyway
Quote by ithil.craban
It's look like fantastic! But i couldn't find that model in Turkey =/ Thanks anyway

i think that guitar is over your budget anyway.
Alucard817 i've looked all the guitars that you've suggested. I couldn't find some of them in Turkey and some of them is expensive. But Ibanez GSA60 which you adviced looks like suitable for me. And i found Ibanez GRGR121EX model too. Which one is better?
that really depends on you, play them both.
if i tell you one is better then another and you end up not liking it, it may put you off playing.
Hmm...In conclusion you say my choice should be for Ibanez GSA60, not BC Rich Warlock One? You really changed my mind, i'm looking for Ibanez guitars with a seperate amp.( I can buy an Ibanez TBX15r with my budged)
i wouldn't but an ibanez starter pack amp. seriously, roland microcube, maybe vox da5.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Why would you not buy an RG? They are the best line and are totally in your price range.

Gios and starter packs are a waste of money and will only last a few months before you're skill advances the quality of the guitar.

The pickups are cheap crap, the guitars will not keep tune, and the tone from plywood will sound like ass.
Ibanez AW30ECE Acoustic
Line 6 IV 75w (lol)
you don't really want the trems on the cheaper rgs either, to be fair.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
why, the edge III is fine if you know what your doing, and is a direct replacement for an upgrade
Ibanez AW30ECE Acoustic
Line 6 IV 75w (lol)
Quote by guitar nubsauce
Why would you not buy an RG? They are the best line and are totally in your price range.

Gios and starter packs are a waste of money and will only last a few months before you're skill advances the quality of the guitar.

The pickups are cheap crap, the guitars will not keep tune, and the tone from plywood will sound like ass.

RG ??
Quote by guitar nubsauce
why, the edge III is fine if you know what your doing, and is a direct replacement for an upgrade

I wouldn't really want to trust it. I mean, it's meant to be a bit better than the lo-trses, but i'm guessing it's still not amazing.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc

I wouldn't really want to trust it. I mean, it's meant to be a bit better than the lo-trses, but i'm guessing it's still not amazing.

No doubt it's not going to be amazing, but why go with a starter guitar when you can get a quality guitar. I take it you don't play an RG or anything, but I do, and I wish I had bought that before I bought my first guitar which was a gio. If he's looking for a good machine and can afford $150 for a guitar, he should be able to find a used RG. Seriously the trem III gets a bad rep because you can't abuse it too much and too long without going out of tune, but I doubt this kids going to be messing with crazy whammy stuff soon anyways. As a hard tail it will stay in tune more than okay, believe me. Plus, like I said, it's a direct replacement for an upgrade, although I'd do pickups first.

Here's an RG I've come so close to pulling the trigger on because I love the color, but I have to stop somewhere and say to myself "stop buying guitars". Basswood bodies rock it out compared to the cheap woods in start packs. I can personally attest to this guitar being a 10/10 for a budget guitar.

After that buy a line 6 or peavy 15watt for $100, and I believe you said that should all fit in your budget.
Ibanez AW30ECE Acoustic
Line 6 IV 75w (lol)
Last edited by guitar nubsauce at Sep 23, 2010,
i've got an rg470
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by guitar nubsauce
No doubt it's not going to be amazing, but why go with a starter guitar when you can get a quality guitar. I take it you don't play an RG or anything, but I do, and I wish I had bought that before I bought my first guitar which was a gio. If he's looking for a good machine and can afford $150 for a guitar, he should be able to find a used RG. Seriously the trem III gets a bad rep because you can't abuse it too much and too long without going out of tune, but I doubt this kids going to be messing with crazy whammy stuff soon anyways. As a hard tail it will stay in tune more than okay, believe me. Plus, like I said, it's a direct replacement for an upgrade, although I'd do pickups first.

Here's an RG I've come so close to pulling the trigger on because I love the color, but I have to stop somewhere and say to myself "stop buying guitars". Basswood bodies rock it out compared to the cheap woods in start packs. I can personally attest to this guitar being a 10/10 for a budget guitar.

After that buy a line 6 or peavy 15watt for $100, and I believe you said that should all fit in your budget.

Which model RG is that?
Page 1 of 2