Hey guys! My Jackson RR5 is tuned in D standard but has a slight fret buzz from 7th to 15th fret on the G string and a bit on the high e string.. Should i fix the truss rod? or could there be something else ? thanks!
Make sure it's intonated for your tunning. Also, play with with string hight, if you have saddle or a bridge that allows this.

Truss adjustments should be around the end of the trouble shooting list.
does the buzz transmit thru the amp?

have you adjusted the bridge height yet, as suggested?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
does the buzz transmit thru the amp?

have you adjusted the bridge height yet, as suggested?

No it doesn't but it still doesn't feel right..
I haven't, and I dont know how to do it!
Last edited by Mackan1994 at Sep 22, 2010,
if it's not transmitting thru the amp, then you're really not going to want to change your whole action for it.

but! it's your guitar, and your decision. so because it's a floyd, why don't you check out the floyd thread, top of the page in the EG section.

have a look at the first post in the thread, and post back with questions.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Quote by jj1565
if it's not transmitting thru the amp, then you're really not going to want to change your whole action for it.

but! it's your guitar, and your decision. so because it's a floyd, why don't you check out the floyd thread, top of the page in the EG section.

It's not floyd rose dude
Quote by jj1565

Fret buzz can be a bother even when it's not transmitted through the amp...because it also affects your sustain.

What kind of bridge is it?
You know, you're probably reading this saying "Hey, I'm bored, maybe this'll be funny?"
It's not. Too bad. No, I am not refunding you those 6 seconds of your life. So :P

Quote by Snap017
Fret buzz can be a bother even when it's not transmitted through the amp...because it also affects your sustain.

What kind of bridge is it?

Tune o matic :P
In that case, you will probably want to raise the action a bit. But it could also be your nut height that's causing it, or even the kind of strings you use. What gauges are on it?
You know, you're probably reading this saying "Hey, I'm bored, maybe this'll be funny?"
It's not. Too bad. No, I am not refunding you those 6 seconds of your life. So :P

Quote by Snap017
In that case, you will probably want to raise the action a bit. But it could also be your nut height that's causing it, or even the kind of strings you use. What gauges are on it?

I'm currently using 11-52 =)
Quote by Mackan1994
It's not floyd rose dude

oh ok dude. you know i thought it might not be but couldnt be assed looking up the info that you didnt provide, so i guessed.

anyway, if you want to raise the bridge, the thread to click is right next to the other thread.

it's also a setup thread, you can find by clicking the green link in my sig.
and looking at the pics in the first post.

as you can see i've been running it for years now.

so either raise the tom.
or check the neck's releif and post back here.

but again, buzz not transmitting thru the amp is generally not considered a problem.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by Mackan1994
It's not floyd rose dude

hehe

do what she says mack, she is here trying to help you. which is what you came here for.
Quote by gregs1020
hehe

do what she says mack, she is here trying to help you. which is what you came here for.

Yeah man help is appreciated alot so i thank her alot