My bass is making buzzing noises through both of my amps. I am sure it's amp distortion, I can't even begin to try to pinpoint the problem, or what it could be, or how to fix it...........I have active pickups and I have very very recently changed my battery. My bass was sort of out of tune, so I had tuned it back up(a fairly substantial amount).
STUFF
MOD Contest Group
Resisting the Urge to Fap since 8/11/08
However, I lost in 3 days.
Quote by Hobolad

Guns don't help defense, they make you more vulnerable if anything. Said this a lot already

Does it still buzz when you're not playing?
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Yeah. It's like a high-pitched hum. When I play, it's just a distorted mess.
STUFF
MOD Contest Group
Quote by Hobolad

Guns don't help defense, they make you more vulnerable if anything. Said this a lot already

I had that problem on my 6 string guitar, turned out to be a grounding problem on the guitar itself
I think it could be a grounding problem, because it's the bass only, not the amps.

Can I just google what to do or does somebody wanna help me out? I'm sort of nub at this stuff.
STUFF
MOD Contest Group
Quote by Hobolad

Bump........it's not grounding. It doesn't go away when I'm touching metal. It's also more of a hiss, and it lessens when I turn mids and highs down. It's a Ernie Ball Sterling. It also isn't there if I play extremely soft, but if I play harder, it buzzes terribly.

I'm at a loss.....I don't know if I can afford to go have a techie charge me an assload of money just for something I might be able to fix........
STUFF
MOD Contest Group
Quote by Hobolad

Can somebody maybe shed some light on why this would be happening? I was thinking it could be pickup height, but it's not something I fully understand what's going on. I get this almost hiss out of my amp when I'm not playing. And it feels like it's really based on pickup height, but I just have no idea........and I can't afford to pay some guy to look at it for an outrageous price. Does anyone think they might be able to point me in the right direction?
STUFF
MOD Contest Group
Quote by Hobolad

Have you check your leads? You could also be picking up interference from other sources.
Quote by Neopowell the PUSO
Girls, stuck for a present? Get your man a remote control helicopter. Guys fucking love remote control helicopters.

Mah gear

Ibanez RG350mdx w/ SD TB-6
Ibanez RG7321 <3
Vyper 15
Ashdown EB 12-180 EVO II Combo

7>6!
Turn the highs down and keep it down. Lower the pickup height a little too to stop it from distorting too. I had the hissing problem with one of my basses, I couldn't really do anything about it but turn the treble down. I haven't taken it to a tech. I've found that with certain pre amps, if you boost the treble too much you get a loud hissing sound. That's all I have to say about it, if that doesn't help you then keep asking around, 'cause that's all I think it could be
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Thanks a bunch, both of you.
STUFF
MOD Contest Group
Quote by Hobolad