I love my spider 4 amp and it comes with a huge array of effects but i cannot find a setting that sounds like Blink 182 or Muse.

Ive tried many different combinations. If someone could post settings to give my guitar a Blink 182 like dysentary gary, rollar coaster, first date, or around that sound i would be very grateful!

Also I need an effect to replicate that of Hysteria by Muse.

I really need some help. Has anyone figured these out?
It's cause you got a spider. Tehy iZ not teh BrOOt@Lz
Gear:

Ibanez RG350M
Peavey 6505+112

Boss CS-1
EHX Big Muff Pi
EHX Small Clone
KORG Pitchblack
dial in the off button, then get a new amp.
GEAR:
Fender Classic Player Jaguar Special HH
Ibanez RGA-32
Peavey Vypyr 15
Line 6 Pod Studio GX + Pod Farm
Quote by Dannnn_xD
It's cause you got a spider. Tehy iZ not teh BrOOt@Lz

huh? Its a really good amp. it sounds AMAZING and it has a tuner built in and it can bust glass out of windows if ya turn it up all the way xD

Why the hate? Something wrong with it?
Quote by Deathlock257
huh? Its a really good amp. it sounds AMAZING and it has a tuner built in and it can bust glass out of windows if ya turn it up all the way xD

Why the hate? Something wrong with it?

it's a cheap modeling amp for beginner guitarists.

if you could get the same exact sound from a 200 dollar amp and a 5000 dollar amp, then there would be no reason to spend so much money on an amp.

to get the blink 182 sound, buy the type of guitar tom delonge used, then buy the effects pedals he used, and then buy the amp he used. (then chop off his fingers and wear them like gloves since a lot of tone comes from the guitarist, not the gear)

but yea, the spiders are pretty crappy amps. all the effects and settings attract novice players. a modeling amp will never actually sound like a tube amp. just like a cover song never sounds like the original.

find a setting that you like for the songs, don't try and sound like the original... you'll be disappointed.
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
Quote by Deathlock257

So your only argument why it sounds good is because it's loud? Sounds like you took Line6's advertising campaign hook line and sinker(ie they advertise their amps as loud and like 500watts "z0mg it r teh br00tz").
It actually is a pretty good amp. I know a lot of people on UG dont like them, but they have decent effects and if you know what you're doing, you can get a pretty good sound out of them. Of course, they aren't going to sound like $1k amps, but they aren't that bad.
Quote by jpnyc
You are what they call a “rhythm guitarist”. While it's not as glamorous as playing lead you can still get laid. Especially if you can sing and play.

Beer is the solutions to the world's problems.

Quote by FightinIrishPJ

find a setting that you like for the songs, don't try and sound like the original... you'll be disappointed.

This is an important thing to know when starting out guitar. Make everything you are trying to do refelct your experience and the gear that you have.

You are trying to play crap music on a crap amp: set your expectations to REASONABLE
I don't know enough about those bands to give you a setting but I think the Line 6 website is full of settings that will give different tones - including one that sound like Blink 182.
http://line6.com/community/thread/20136
Scroll down a bit to find it.

And for crying out loud, quit the Line 6 hating. We know that a 1000 dollar all tube will sound awesome but you can also get your thrills from a Line 6 product.
Alright people, Move along - there is nothing to see.
"Or so you think..."
I get some amazing tone from my older Spider II but you need to experiment with it a lot to learn the settings. I use a cheat sheet (a small note book) once I find a desired tone I am looking for I write it down in my book that way I can set the amp setting the same every time. I am not familiar with the Spider IV so I can't say it works exactly the same. I know every time I need to find a tone I want on my Spider II I have to turn back the drive and channel vol back to reset it otherwise it stays in the factory setting. You'll also have to turn back the master vol as well because once your out of the factory settings in can get very loud depending on what amp modeling setting your on.

I am 100% sure you can find the tone you want it's just going to take some time. Once you find it jot it down so you can change back and forth with out searching. There is nothing more time consuming trying to find a tome you need in between songs at a gig. I use my own tone 80% of the time and I mark the amp for that but all the rest I have to keep track of by writing it down.

John
The best advice I can give to get the CLOSEST possible sound is the first metal preset. roll down the gain (drive) on the amp, and roll down your volume knob on the guitar.

It's a common bandwagoning concept that Spiders suck. 60%-70% of the people who bitch about it have never actually played one and 10% of them are tube elitists.

I personally think it's a great beginner amp for metal players....recently I've come to dislike the tone but for a <$200 dollar amp it holds up very well.