I'm looking for some music that's just instruments, but still ambient. I don't want progmetal. Music with long sections of just jamming on their instruments, repeated phrases with techno beats...soundscapes, whatever.

Music with no vocals because I always listen to the words and lyrics but I want some good music you cvan just listen to while you think, with no words getting in the way.

If anyone knows, gimme the name.
listen to the second half of niandra lades and usually just a t-shirt by John Frusciante. Most of it is just guitar jammin, there might be a few lyrics in there though. Oh! another good one is Before the Beginning by John aswell. He's a genius when it comes to writing music, uses the perfect chords for whatever situation
An Endless Sporadic
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Man, thank God the russians created UG. Otherwise, how would I have gotten this information?
Explosions in The Sky and Mogwai fit this bill to an extent, but the best music I've heard without vocals is Scale the Summit, and I'd recommend them to anyone.

However, I don't think thats what you're asking for in the OP, as its going more proggy, and instead of listening for vocals, you'd be listening out for the different melodic hooks.
Quote by Stud_Muffin
Explosions in The Sky and Mogwai fit this bill to an extent, but the best music I've heard without vocals is Scale the Summit, and I'd recommend them to anyone. .

Scale the Summit is definitely prog metal, but +1 to EitS and Mogwai.

EDIT: Also, you may want to check out Chimp Spanner
Last edited by CrimsonBizzare at Sep 22, 2010,
I agree with Explosions in the Sky and Mogwai. Some other bands you might want to check out if you like them are This Will Destroy You, Caspian, and Eluvium.
last.fm
Quote by rockhard182
*opens happytimeharrys head* *finds nothing*

what a ripoff

Member #18 of the "Claudio Sanchez is God" Club. PM stepco12345 to join!
Windy & Carl
Brian Eno's "Ambient" 1, 2, 3 & 4
Godspeed You! Black Emperor
Buckethead's "Colma"
65daysofstatic (particularly the album "One Time For All Time"
Tangerine Dream
Philip Glass's "Glassworks" and "Solo Piano"
Nat King Cole's "Penthouse Serenade"
Danzig's "Black Aria"