The 2nd biggest water tower in the USA is being built 2 minutes away from me.

Page 1 of 2
I can hear them yelling at each other, they're so close.

http://www.kcrg.com/news/local/Work-on-water-tower-continues-100054794.html

This isn't anything too special, I just thought it was pretty cool. My town is small, around 10,000 people or so, so this is actually a big thing.

Let me put it this way:

I can see the workers dangling over the side from my front porch. That's pretty cool, if I do say so myself.

So, my question for the pit is, have YOU ever grown up next to something like this?
Quote by silhouettica
Oh, DON'T use a knife. It cuts through your strings. I did that once, thinking, its the Low E, its invincible. Turns out, its not...

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
Yeah I grew up to the second biggest water tower in America for a little while, wasn't as big a tourist attraction as we'd hoped.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Yay water!
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
I think the JP Morgan Chase Tower in Houston is the tallest five sided building in the world, or maybe just the country.
i live a minute away from the desert. also next to a giant hole.
nothing of interest really
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
I live next to a hill, it's not a big hill or anything, I just thought I'd share
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
Quote by Carswell98
I live next to a hill, it's not a big hill or anything, I just thought I'd share

Pfft. I live ON a hill.

Yes.

On.
"Guitar is tactile, It's about how you play it"
- Joe Bonamassa

water towers only remind me of That 70's Show. so let me know when someone like Kelso keeps falling off
Quote by TomG10-7
Pfft. I live ON a hill.

Yes.

On.

well I can't live on the hill because there is an active Molybdenum mine there

Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

They were planning on building the tallest building in Europe in my city (or was it second tallest? can't remember... one of the two).

That was a couple of years ago though, it's just been a hole in the ground for ages, they got the foundations done and ran out of money, it's now postponed until "further funding."

Probably never going to happen, basically.
Pissed if it explodes.
Quote by babakkatt
Whats wrong with asking a girl what kind of cheese she likes?

LOUD NOISES
I'm about 2 minutes from some cows.
❝Don't be afraid of death, but of an inadequate life❞
Bertolt Bretcht

Quote by darkcheef
I lived about 10 minutes away from all of the historic buildings in DC

same here I have a feeling you never go to DC right?
Quote by Fassa Albrecht

Budweiser is yum.
Budweiser is piss. Pure piss.

OT: I live in the North, which means road construction. So, every damn summer, we have highways and roads that become...just weird. They close lanes, reroute people to other roads, tear up main streets of towns, etc. It's a total shitfest! And it's worse than a shitfest to drive it!
I don't care what it is, as long as it's big, and it's a fuckin thing.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

There was no question. This is just one of those blog threads where they throw in- any similar experiences, pit? To make it look like it was meant to be a discussion when it obviously wasn't. This one just turned out really awkward. Ever experienced something like this...? What? Yes, we just all happen to live near some of the largest water towers in our relative countries. I myself live near the 5th largest in the US. Is that what you wanted to hear? No?

How 'bout...

cool story, bro.

Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Budweiser is piss. Pure piss.

OT: I live in the North, which means road construction. So, every damn summer, we have highways and roads that become...just weird. They close lanes, reroute people to other roads, tear up main streets of towns, etc. It's a total shitfest! And it's worse than a shitfest to drive it!

I know, fecking frost heaves are bullshit, every single year our roads get wrecked
Last.Fm

― Terry Pratchett

qft...

I live 1 minute away from the 1st biggest water tower in the US.

Also,

I live near the worlds largest stainless steel needle
Quote by Kumanji
How about you don't insult my friend's dead mum, you prick.

Quote by JDawg
Too be he had to be a dick about his crayons.
Quote by TomG10-7
Pfft. I live ON a hill.

Yes.

On.

I live on a hill, next to a hill. So **** you!
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by SGplayer1991
same here I have a feeling you never go to DC right?

No, I lived there for half my life and visited almost every weekend since my whole family lives there.
I live in front of an overgrown grassy area. Yup.

Also, this is what you should be drinking

We have legal drugs and hookers in my town. Come back when you have something better to bring to our attention.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
The Cathedral in my town used to be the tallest building in my world. The Castle in my town was built by William the Conqueror.
Page 1 of 2