Hey guys, basically i've got a gig on friday and i can't take my cab there but I can take my head. Apparently theres gonna be Line6 amps to use there but I'd rather use my own as most of you would in my situation.

Anyway is it possible to use a Head through a combo?

Thanks

Epiphone Wilshire
Orange Rocker 30
Harley Benton 212 (w/Greenbacks)
Ernie Ball Vp jr
Swollen Pickle fuzz
Maxon OD808
Danelectro Vibe
Line 6 Tap Tremolo
Line 6 Verbzilla
EH Memory Man Hazarai
Boss RC20XL

Last.fm
Check out my band haze
Quote by TheDefected
Possible, yes. But youll definitely not be liking the aftermath.

Depends if you know what you are doing. You could do it, but you would still need to have a speaker load for your head so it kind of defeats the point in this scenario.

Plug your guitar into your amp, then take a cable from the preamp out (fx send) to the poweramp in of the combo (fx return). What will happen is you will be using the preamp of your head through the poweramp of the combo. BUT the poweramp on your head is still on and working, so it needs a speaker load.

EDIT: Also if the speakers in the combo aren't connected internally (i.e. there is a cable you can unplug them with) you can just plug that cable into your head. But verify the wattage on the speakers first.
Last edited by ChrisBW at Sep 22, 2010,
Quote by ChrisBW
Depends if you know what you are doing. You could do it, but you would still need to have a speaker load for your head so it kind of defeats the point in this scenario.

Plug your guitar into your amp, then take a cable from the preamp out (fx send) to the poweramp in of the combo (fx return). What will happen is you will be using the preamp of your head through the poweramp of the combo. BUT the poweramp on your head is still on and working, so it needs a speaker load.

EDIT: Also if the speakers in the combo aren't connected internally (i.e. there is a cable you can unplug them with) you can just plug that cable into your head. But verify the wattage on the speakers first.

OHMs too.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
ahhhh right, I'm not really experienced with this and it sounds like it could go wrong so i'm gonna have to leave it which I don't really wanna do, thanks anyway

Epiphone Wilshire
Orange Rocker 30
Harley Benton 212 (w/Greenbacks)
Ernie Ball Vp jr
Swollen Pickle fuzz
Maxon OD808
Danelectro Vibe
Line 6 Tap Tremolo
Line 6 Verbzilla
EH Memory Man Hazarai
Boss RC20XL

Last.fm
Check out my band haze
Quote by ChrisBW

The first option sounds a bit risky but I've been thinking about the second option myself. Should be ok as long as the wattage of the head is less than or equal to that of the speaker and the ohms match.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser Fr
Peavey 6505+ 112