I wrote my first instrumental over the weekend and recorded it today with my new gear (also obtained today).

This is my first experience with recording as well as instrumentals. I have been playing for 2 1/2 years and think that I've come a great way since smoking on the water.

I noticed the occasional timing problems, will re-record etc.

Kudos if you can hear who my favourite guitarist is due to the end solo.

Thanks for listening!
Your playing works, and I like the melodies in the soloing. Soundwise, I think there's some stuff that needs improvement, though. First, I'd definitely suggest double-tracking the rythm parts. Also, some drums would be a nice addition, I think. Tonewise, the lead guitar sounds okay to me, but the rythm gets a bit muddy.
Quote by Nashag
Your playing works, and I like the melodies in the soloing. Soundwise, I think there's some stuff that needs improvement, though. First, I'd definitely suggest double-tracking the rythm parts. Also, some drums would be a nice addition, I think. Tonewise, the lead guitar sounds okay to me, but the rythm gets a bit muddy.

Thanks.
I've been messing around with all the different amps and effects in POD Farm, I'll see what I can find tonewise.
I don't know how to add drums yet