Engl
The Horizon,

though my favourite is the PGM

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
*Get the Horizon III* -coughs-

Nice colour choices though.

Honestly it's a matter of whether you like Ibanez necks or ESP necks more because they're very different.

Even if you like them both you should play a bunch of each brand and see which one you like more. (At least play some ESP guitars with the Thin U necks and whichever Ibanez neck corresponds to the models you posted.)

Strictly from an ESP fanboy standpoint, they're both sexy.

If you wanna stay classy the H-III is awesome, but you wanna have the "metal" look without being overly spiky I usually associate the look with the GT.
Pgm
Quote by Wondergaurd
The Strat/Tele debate is alot like picking a starter in Pokemon, each is great at something and can cover other fields well, it's just what they do good and great that makes 'em different
I can't deny the sexiness of a maple fretboard Ibanez...number 3 please
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Anyway I have technically statutory raped #nice

Quote by EndThecRinge51
once a girl and i promised to never leave each other

since that promise was broken

i dont make promises any more
I like that hollowbody for some reason :P
You know, you're probably reading this saying "Hey, I'm bored, maybe this'll be funny?"
It's not. Too bad. No, I am not refunding you those 6 seconds of your life. So :P

if i could reverse the body on number 2 and make the cutaway deeper, than that one. but without changing them, #3. then i would proceed to sell it for something different.
Quote by Nelsean
Lil B, the young based god, has the ability to create music so profound, that others around him cannot even comprehend his magnificent verbal progressive nature.

Quote by The_Blode
^ oh hey y'all females...welcome !
Specs-wise it depends on what you want....

ive never talked to siverstorm before but I bet hes an idiot...
:P
Last edited by Arterial at Sep 22, 2010,
Quote by Snap017
I like that hollowbody for some reason :P

also its not a hollowbody, its just painted F-holes.
Quote by Arterial
Specs-wise it depends on what you want....

ive never talked to siverstorm before but I bet hes an idiot...
:P

I wish I had a copy of our wonderful chat logs you slut
Quote by Arterial
also its not a hollowbody, its just painted F-holes.

I never understood why Paul Gilbert did that. It's so incredibly stupid... I don't care if its for style, it looks tacky, and it makes you look stupid when you try to put your finger in it...

I really like that Forest GT. I like most of ESP's secret Japanese guitars.

And thank you siverstorm, you can go fall in a hole now, thanks. No need to tease me with sexy pictures of ESP guitars that I can't own until I get a very good job...
Last edited by r0ckth3d34n at Sep 22, 2010,
^Blame Paul Gilbert, not Ibanez....and then when you think about it...it's Paul Gilbert....

A LOT of the stuff he does is..."tacky" in a sense....

Quote by jimihendrix6699
if i could reverse the body on number 2 and make the cutaway deeper, than that one. but without changing them, #3. then i would proceed to sell it for something different.

EDIT: so basically this, but doublecut?

Last edited by siverstorm at Sep 22, 2010,
Quote by siverstorm
^Blame Paul Gilbert, not Ibanez....and then when you think about it...it's Paul Gilbert....

A LOT of the stuff he does is..."tacky" in a sense....

I couldn't remember who it was who I first ever saw the painted F holes on his guitar, and all I knew was it was a guy that played an Ibanez. I'll fix that.

THAT GUITAR IS SEXY.

'nuff said

/thread
Last edited by r0ckth3d34n at Sep 22, 2010,
Quote by r0ckth3d34n

And thank you siverstorm, you can go fall in a hole now, thanks. No need to tease me with sexy pictures of ESP guitars that I can't own until I get a very good job...

No problem

/thread-jacking
Quote by siverstorm
No problem

/thread-jacking

You're cool. I like that red one. How much will that one put me in the hole? Somewhere close to $4,500? More? Less...?
I think those are in the $5000-$6000 area, don't worry it's not like I can afford them either XD

As you can see I'm doing just great with my amp funding.
Quote by siverstorm
I think those are in the $5000-$6000 area, don't worry it's not like I can afford them either XD

As you can see I'm doing just great with my amp funding.

I guess I'll have to go used on one of those!!

Oh, I know how you feel! I'm working on upgrading my rig to a 6505+ w/4x12 cab of sorts and a tie between 3 guitars, one of them being an LTD, actually.

I think its really interesting that the Japan line of ESP guitars has so many guitars with passive Duncans. I would really like if more LTD models came with Duncans. I especially hate it when LTD has a model with EMG's, and the same model with Duncans, but it's the same price because of a fancy looking top on it.

Don't even get me started on the Floyds...

Its like... Maybe I want a ****ing hard tail guitar in white with black binding and Duncans.
Dude I know, I gave up and went with a floyd guitar and blocked it.

It's just like every company thinks EMGs are the end all (they sell easily....) pickup for metal.

But TS, now that I think about it if yo're leaning more toward the Forest why not just go with it?
Quote by siverstorm

It's just like every company thinks EMGs are the end all (they sell easily....) pickup for metal.

But TS, now that I think about it if yo're leaning more toward the Forest why not just go with it?

That's what I was thinking about doing with my next guitar, if I ended up caving hardcore for something with a Floyd, but with my other options in mind and they're all hard-tails... I'll probably get a Floyd for like a fourth guitar...

Guitar companies are just so square. I guess that's the best way to put it. They should really make models with a choice of actives or passives, kind of like what LTD did with the EC-1000 and a few other 1000 models.

But they all cut short with the passive pickup models now... I swear Schecter NEEDS to re-release the Artist series. I would definitely get another Artist if they made them again. Simply, the best guitar ever for how much the cost, haha.

But yeah, TS; the Forest GT is amazing. Every time you play that guitar on stage everyone is going to shat hardcore brix.
Quote by siverstorm

They're all guitars I would love, and I'm probably going to end up with the Forest; just I wanted to know what other people thought about the looks (because they all look so great to me). Also, I am also afraid that the Horizon and Forest might be hard for me to play since I literally have the smallest hands you may ever see in a neoclassical player. 3-4 inches from bottom of the palm-- quite literally the small Japanese girl-size hands that you'd expect from a short Asian person so it might be a bit until my hands can stretch to the point where I can play them as effectively as the Ibanez series wizard necks, and since I can't play them before hand I can't really test to see if the cutaways on the body and high neck-area are as great as one another.
I vote the Forest GT, it's tits. I'm not a fan of floyds though.
I've tried to get into them at least a half dozen times and every time I just end up never using it enough and selling the guitar eventually.
Gotta agree on ESP USA though. I wish there was more actual variety between the guitars in the LTD and in general I wish there were more guitars in the Standard line.
Quote by MortifiedLizard
recently I turned it into an Esquire that impregnates unsuspecting people with my children whenever I play it.

Quote by Duv
The only good thing about my MG30 was I was able to have it in my room for 5 years solely as a place to hide cigarettes and condoms.
Quote by Megdidar
I vote the Forest GT, it's tits. I'm not a fan of floyds though.
I've tried to get into them at least a half dozen times and every time I just end up never using it enough and selling the guitar eventually.
Gotta agree on ESP USA though. I wish there was more actual variety between the guitars in the LTD and in general I wish there were more guitars in the Standard line.

When I you say they're tits do you mean they're bad? Because it seems like you say they're not all that great, and then proceed to say it's not great again after you vote for it. Sorry, just a bit confused-- I mean no harm.
i like both the Forest GT and the Horizon. But if i were to pick one of the two, it would be the Horizon. I just love the old ESP headstock compared to the ones today
I implore you to try some Thin U guitars then, The Horizon II and the Horizon III have the same cutaways its just the horns are different shapes.

I hope you were exaggerating (Understating?) with the 4 inch hand size lol, if that's the case I'd figure it would be easier to play on the Ibanez necks.

If you find you're having trouble with the Thin U then against my own will I'd say go with the Ibanez.
This friday I'm heading over to guitar center and trying the thin u necks if I don't like them I'm probably going to go with the Paul Gilbert SIgnature Series. Any reason as to why I should get the RG3550MZ Prestige instead?
Well I dunno what the price difference is between them. It depends on what trem system is in both of them (unless they're the same, but Ibanez has like 15 different systems) and if the PGM is just more expensive because of the name I'd rather get the RG. but if they're closer in price, whatever you prefer really in terms of finish.
Quote by siverstorm
EDIT: so basically this, but doublecut?

yea, kinda like the brent hinds custom
http://www.firstact.com/Products/CustomGuitars/Gallery/Hinds_Brent_customCarvedtop_Silver.aspx
Quote by Nelsean
Lil B, the young based god, has the ability to create music so profound, that others around him cannot even comprehend his magnificent verbal progressive nature.

Quote by The_Blode
^ oh hey y'all females...welcome !