You make me feel
Like a dog, you can see, my emotions
Is this for real, i'm a man
Sinking deep, in the ocean
At $3700, it better be a good one
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Did you see how much Brad has wore his Tele down.

Bet he plays all the time...

That $3700 gets you the Cab too, but still not cheep for sure!
he's good enough, but that whole 'master of the telecaster' thing is way much. his studio musicians are better than he is. then people rave about his tone, he uses 30,000 dollars worth of equipment to record his guitar, i hope it sounds good.

gotta admit though, he has good tastes in equipment. but from what i can tell he has very talented people breaking their neck to give him custom made equipment, so i don't know if it's his tastes or the people making it.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Quote by gumbilicious
he's good enough, but that whole 'master of the telecaster' thing is way much. his studio musicians are better than he is. then people rave about his tone, he uses 30,000 dollars worth of equipment to record his guitar, i hope it sounds good.

gotta admit though, he has good tastes in equipment. but from what i can tell he has very talented people breaking their neck to give him custom made equipment, so i don't know if it's his tastes or the people making it.

Of course they are. But compared to similar pretty boy artists that play guitar (keith urban, john mayer, etc.), this guy has some serious chops. (Not to say that they are not very good, because they are.)

I know some people blow it out of proportion, as he is a pretty basic country guitarist by professional standards, but he is definitely better than just "good enough".
Quote by patriotplayer90
Of course they are. But compared to similar pretty boy artists that play guitar (keith urban, john mayer, etc.), this guy has some serious chops. (Not to say that they are not very good, because they are.)

I know some people blow it out of proportion, as he is a pretty basic country guitarist by professional standards, but he is definitely better than just "good enough".

i think that is what hurts me, is the people who blow it out of proportion. everytime i here that 'master of the telecaster' thing, i just think of the Hellecasters and groan to myself. that, and i don't think i ever saw him really play, just a little solo here and there (not more than 2 bars or so) and don't get what the big hype is about.

is there some song he did that got him the rep?

-ae
Quote by patriotplayer90

John Mayer has some mad chops. He just chooses not to show it in most music he plays. I'm not a fan of his music for the most part but the guy is a phenomenal guitarist. I'm not sure about Urban but I'd be willing to bet he's better than he seems on records.

And I agree with gumbi. Master of the Telecaster is extreme. Everyone knows that's Danny Gatton.

And Paisley is a professional. He should be compared to other professionals.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by mmolteratx
Master of the Telecaster is extreme. Everyone knows that's Danny Gatton.

very much so, gatton is a straight monster. but i guess yet another thing that tickles my mind is Paisley is surrounded by great talent and professional peers that are just more impressive. if i got famous (don't worry, won't happen anytime soon based on my playing), and someone started labeling me as 'king anydamnthing' i'd tell them to stick it up their ass and then start rattling off all the people that bury me.

what kinda person would accept the title 'master of the telecaster' knowing full well the talent out there?

-ae
Quote by BurstBucker Pro
New Z Wreck demo with Brad Paisley...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxqXyWbwUHk&feature=player_embedded

Amp specks: http://www.drzamps.com/amp/z_wreck/

Sounds like another good one?

That is definitely nice tone for sure. Thanks for sharing. He is not my kind of guitarist but I appreciate what he does.

Also, another good example of why you are the perfect person to make our very own Only Dr Z Thread!
I know... I know...

Here is a video of Brads latest gear:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7M6v9ADvW0&feature=player_embedded
Last edited by BurstBucker Pro at Sep 23, 2010,
Quote by gumbilicious
i think that is what hurts me, is the people who blow it out of proportion. everytime i here that 'master of the telecaster' thing, i just think of the Hellecasters and groan to myself. that, and i don't think i ever saw him really play, just a little solo here and there (not more than 2 bars or so) and don't get what the big hype is about.

is there some song he did that got him the rep?

He just kinda rips country leads. Throttleneck got him a grammy for best instrumental.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Quote by BurstBucker Pro
I know... I know...

Here is a video of Brads latest gear:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7M6v9ADvW0&feature=player_embedded

[droolz while waiting to load], he does have good gear...

god have you ever seen his recording setups? his mics and preamps he uses... i bet his recording setup is more attractive to studio nuts than his guitar gear is attractive to guitar freaks, which says a bunch.

edit: @jhackey... ah, that puts things in perspective a bit better, awards do help with public opinion. maybe a fan could recommend a song though, something that showcases his talents more?

-ae
Last edited by gumbilicious at Sep 23, 2010,
Quote by mmolteratx
John Mayer has some mad chops. He just chooses not to show it in most music he plays. I'm not a fan of his music for the most part but the guy is a phenomenal guitarist. I'm not sure about Urban but I'd be willing to bet he's better than he seems on records.

And I agree with gumbi. Master of the Telecaster is extreme. Everyone knows that's Danny Gatton.

I agree both of them are immensely talented and can play. But paisley's style requires more skill imo. I have never played country though so I can't ready comment, but I took a look at one of his tabs one time and thought .

And I don't listen to as much country lately gumbi but listening to some of the guys singles he does quite a bit of soloing and I always find it impressive. Some of his songs are quite entertaining too, and the way he blends old school country playing with the new age pop country thing is most impressive. Check out the song called online(?)
Quote by mmolteratx

i actually saw keith urban in concert (fiance wanted to go)...he can seriously rip. his records don't do his guitar playing justice. just my opinion anyway

this amp sounds great though
Main Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender Telecaster and Stratocaster
Dr. Z Maz 18 Jr. NR, Vintage Fender Twin Reverb (early SF)
Effects from Wampler, Keeley, and others

Session Guitarist out of Pittsburgh
Quote by blkdtr
i actually saw keith urban in concert (fiance wanted to go)...he can seriously rip. his records don't do his guitar playing justice. just my opinion anyway

this amp sounds great though

His really early stuff from when he first went to america is awesome. He had this three peice called "The Ranch".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghjSHEK-SKI
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
nice
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
At first I just through that it sounds great, but that the tone in this clip has more to do with the old “tone is in the fingers”. Then he turned on the Z-verb. Damn…
Quote by Jhachey22
His really early stuff from when he first went to america is awesome. He had this three peice called "The Ranch".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghjSHEK-SKI

i agree...big fan of his Ranch stuff. his song Rollercoaster is pretty cool too. i once saw a youtube video of early Keith doing "Devil Went Down to Nashville". it was a pretty cool take on the song.
Main Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender Telecaster and Stratocaster
Dr. Z Maz 18 Jr. NR, Vintage Fender Twin Reverb (early SF)
Effects from Wampler, Keeley, and others

Session Guitarist out of Pittsburgh
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
I want one. Teles rule. El84s rule. Teles + EL84 = AWESOME.
Regardless of gain levels.
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.
that cbs webcast thing wont work! i want to watch it!!
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
The link is working again...

The Party's back on!
Quote by spiff389
I want one. Teles rule. El84s rule. Teles + EL84 = AWESOME.
Regardless of gain levels.

+1

A Tele might be my next guitar...
Last edited by BurstBucker Pro at Nov 4, 2010,
Quote by BurstBucker Pro
A Tele might be my next guitar...

DO IT.
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.
nothing beats the sweet sound of a good tele bridge.

Quote by AcousticMirror
nothing beats the sweet sound of a good tele bridge.

except maybe a tele neck pu...
main rig:

Quote by necrosis1193
Quote by spiff389
except maybe a tele neck pu...

a what now?

The solo in "I'm Still a Guy" or whatever is pretty amazing.
Washburn HM Idol w/ SD JB in bridge > Ibanez Weeping Demon > Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey > Boss NS-2 > Boss DD-6 > Egnater Renegade > Splawn 2x12 w/ Weber Sig12Bs

Brad is a great player, and that amp is perfect for his style...

The stock Celection Blue and Gold together, are going to do well with Tele's.
He seems to cut through fine.
Last edited by BurstBucker Pro at Nov 5, 2010,
I'm sorry but any professional musician had damn well better be phenomenal. If you don't have to work 9-5 to fund your guitar hobby then you have no excuse for not practicing non-stop. Its the same in any trade; if that's what you do all day then you get a feel for it that people who can't dedicate that much time to it can't even dream of.

I'm not knocking his skill, he definitely has plenty, I'm just saying that him jangling off some runs to demo an amp doesn't demonstrate real skill. At that level its more impressive to see great composition than actual technical playing... At least in my opinion. His composition? Meh.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
One more new Demo: Z Wreck Demo with Dave Baker Dr Z Amps

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeXVHhN2I-U&feature=player_embedded

I think it sound's good with Humbuckers too.
Last edited by BurstBucker Pro at Nov 17, 2010,
Just to throw this into the ring on the whole "master of whatever" discussion, I saw him on Austin City Limits and he joked between songs (something to the effect of) "I can remember seeing all my heros like SRV on this show, and all I can say is....................wow, you guys have lowered your standards"

On the bummer side, I've heard (at one point anyways) that his tech controls his wah pedal in concert. : /
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
i certainly think he is better than a lot of other mainstream "guitar gods," i have heard a lot of his stuff, he is certainly better than Dimebag, Zakk Wylde, Kirk Hammet, etc. of course he is no Vai, Sach, or buckethead, but Brad is certainly one of the better guitarists on a major label, especially country.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Nov 29th, Brad did the CMA Country Christmas with his Wreck...

Brad Paisley Sheryl Crow - Run Run Rudolph

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y12Zi3g0omE&feature=player_embedded#!

Not too shabby of a job playing.
Last edited by BurstBucker Pro at Dec 1, 2010,
Mayer-Boss.
Urban-Boss.
Paisley-Boss.

That should clear everything up. I seriously can't decide between making that thing or a two rock my dream amp.
meh
Well Dang!
To the poster who wanted to know if there is any definitive Paisley guitar stuff out there, pick up his album "Play" and check out the tune Cluster Pluck. Its crazy.
As far as Brad being Master of the Telecaster, I am sure he would be uncomfortable with that. I met him after his show this summer in Toronto and was an absolutely terrific guy. Spent 10 minutes talking guitars and amps with me while most people got 30 seconds. If you get a chance to see him live do so. It is as much a guitar show as it is a music show.
I alos think Brad has a lot in common with Danny Gatton as far as infusing jazz, rockabilly and a seriously twisted sense of humour into their playing.

-BT
Page 1 of 2