Is it possible to remove/erase/wipe off your fingerprints by playing your guitar/bass so much? I literally have a spot on my finger where my prints seem to have just erased.

Has anyone had this experience, or has had their finger prints wiped off too?

You can just bareeeeeeeeeeeely see the lines, and thats when I press up again glass, like a magnifying glass
pinga
thats because of your calluses(that spelt right?)

theyre still there but you jsut cant see them as easily because of the thicker skin or whatever.
its normal I start playing bass... its just what the other guy said your fingers are callusing.... hard skin
http://www.youtube.com/user/ladiesbass

Bass: Yamaha RBX374 (4 String)
Bass: Schecter Damien-5 (5 String)
Amp: Fender Rumble 60
Future Stack: Ampeg SVT-7PRO Head, SVT-410HLF Bass Speaker Cabinet
I believe so- my brother who plays bass told me about how his bass teacher's fingers were so calloused that when he was pulled over for whatever reason, they thought we was a criminal, since he basically had no fingerprints...
Quote by RoboMeep
I believe so- my brother who plays bass told me about how his bass teacher's fingers were so calloused that when he was pulled over for whatever reason, they thought we was a criminal, since he basically had no fingerprints...

i heard that ninjas began taking up bass in the early 1900's so that they wouldnt leave any fingerprints when they assassinated people.
Quote by rickyj
i heard that ninjas began taking up bass in the early 1900's so that they wouldnt leave any fingerprints when they assassinated people.

epic win

Guitarist for 11+ years
Bassist for 6+ years
Drummer for 5+ months

PSN account - DeadAimHeadshot
After a couple of decades of bass (and guitar), the prints on the four fingers of my left hand are history. I can lightly sand stuff with them, and they have all the sensitivity of a brick; but hey, that's the way it goes.
I'd still wear gloves to a bank job tho'. And a Shrek mask, if only to flatter myself.
Yeah, I can actually put the tip of my finger on a hot stove and not feel a thing. Its not something to brag about, but I think its pretty cool.

My ring finger/pinky doesn't seem to get hard though they feel weak.
pinga
I was recently fingerprinted (quick note: the contents of a fore extinguisher will REALLY **** up a gymnasium floor) and they had to do it like 3 times to get clear prints on my left hand finger and my index and middle on the right hand.
"We are, each of us, angels with but one wing, and only by embracing one another may we fly."- Luciano de Crescenzo

Makes you feel good inside, don't it?
Favorite bass player stupid trick. I can stick a pin in the end of my fingers and not feel anything.

And btw--most AFIS systems do full hands instead of just fingertips so callus on the end of your fingers isn't going to help much.
They don't in Houston County, Alabama. Lucky me?
"We are, each of us, angels with but one wing, and only by embracing one another may we fly."- Luciano de Crescenzo

Makes you feel good inside, don't it?