Page 1 of 2
Hi guys. This will probably be the only time I'll ever ask the Pit for help.

Tonight I found out that one of my friends was sexually abused by her stepfather over a period of eight years. He also abused her sister and brother.

Tell me Pit...what would you do?

And yes I do expect stupid answers and ridiculous memes, but a the same time I know some intelligent souls will read this and give me a serious, honest opinion.

Many of you will say "why are you asking the pit, man?". The fact is that regardless of memes and jokes, I know you pitmonkeys are good people.

Please help me.

Thank you for your time.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
Last edited by [x]Huffy[x] at Sep 22, 2010,
Try to get her to talk to the police? Or go kick the living shit out of her stepdad.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

i guess try to console her in some way. thats pretty rough but its nice to know there are friends who care for you.
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
That's rough, but I can provide no advice that's worth anything.

I'll just hope it works out for you and her and hopefully that bag of scum is put away for a while.
Quote by imdeth
You're like internet Jesus!

This signature feels so empty now.
If this is only just coming to light now and affecting your friend, comfort them.

If it's something you've been told happened a while back, and is done with, don't bring it up and/or get involved.

You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
There is a small mailbox here.

Steam: | PSN: Zeroxxed | Twitter:
Talk to her and tell her you want to report it to the police. If she's ok with it, then do it.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Well, I'd say try to just listen to her. If this is still a problem, maybe she should consider reporting it to the police.
not to be too straight forward, but

CALL THE GOD DAMN COPS
Quote by asator
YOU'RE A CUNT AND STUFF LESPAUL1216.

It's okay because whatever, forever
Quote by cornmancer
Just try to comfort her. And comfort her stepdad's head with the embrace of a baseball bat.

It's rather funny you should say that!

Before I posted this thread I was genuinely on my way to her house with a rather large piece of wood. My father followed me and stopped me halfway.

He talked some sense into me and told me I shouldn't cause trouble in my own life for that bastard. He's not worth it.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz

ಠ_ಠ

You could seriously mess up a lot of peoples lives if you report it to the police without discussing it with your friend first. Your best bet is to talk it out with your friend and help her get over it and make a decision in her own mind as to what needs to be done; you're not directly involved and as such you're not directly obliged to do anything at all. Just help your friend clear her head and then she can decide what has to be done.

EDIT: Oh, but do make sure that sooner or later, be it at some point further down the line, the bastard gets what he has coming to him.
Quote by Dirge Humani

+

=

You woulda thought so wouldn't you? I'm not saying who, I know I won't see or meet any of you but frankly, it's none of your business but three people I am close to were sexually abused as children. Cops did NOTHING.
Depends on how her state of mind is, how eager she was to tell it and if the stepfather still is doing it.
If she is acting like a normal person and told you without any hesitation and pretty soon after you got to know her and the stepfather isn't doing it anymore, she probably got over it and has forgiven her stepfather. You don't want to rip apart a family that had problems in the past but got over them. (I'm saying this because of family's sake, not because I agree with sexual harassment)
If she told you and got upset, call the police. Especially if he is still doing it.
Quote by Snowblind 911

maybe it's because of your description, or the fact that it's 1:30am here, or both, i can't stop giggling.

Sometimes girls say that too...
Thank you for understanding, Pitmonkeys. God knows why, but I have a lot of respect for a lot of you guys.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz

ಠ_ಠ

Take the piece of wood to her house anyway.

But seriously, the only thing you CAN do is call the cops dammit!
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
Yeah, honestly a lot of the time the cops won't do shit. Sad but true. Better to talk and see what happens for now.
Quote by Ziphoblat
You could seriously mess up a lot of peoples lives if you report it to the police without discussing it with your friend first. Your best bet is to talk it out with your friend and help her get over it and make a decision in her own mind as to what needs to be done; you're not directly involved and as such you're not directly obliged to do anything at all. Just help your friend clear her head and then she can decide what has to be done.

I'm gonna have to go with this.

Although if it were me I'm not sure I would have stopped on my way over to that piece of shit's house to smack him upside his fucking head.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Try to get the cops involved. Maybe, they'll do something or maybe they won't, but you gotta try.
Cops.

Lots of cops.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
everyone else is saying call the cops, but what you actually should do is this:
step 1: get some sort of large blunt object
step 2: go to friends stepdad
step 3: beat his ass with your blunt object
step 4:???????
step 5:make big, big, profit!!
I smoke like Rasta, got hair like pasta
I be sippin' on them shots then bustin' rhymes like Busta

Load up the bong, crank up the song, let the informa call 911
Quote by vanhailin
everyone else is saying call the cops, but what you actually should do is this:
step 1: get some sort of large blunt object
step 2: go to friends stepdad
step 3: beat his ass with your blunt object
step 4:???????
step 5:make big, big, profit!!

...That sounds kinda gay, bro...
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz

ಠ_ಠ

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']...That sounds kinda gay, bro...
hmm interesting point...
I smoke like Rasta, got hair like pasta
I be sippin' on them shots then bustin' rhymes like Busta

Load up the bong, crank up the song, let the informa call 911
Quote by vanhailin
hmm interesting point...

...That's what she said?

..Sorry, I'm just ruining my own thread now..

I'm out. Thanks for the advice Pitmonkeys!
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz

ಠ_ಠ

I would make a joke but I hate abusive fathers.

So yes, 911 + Cops + Jail = what this man deserves.
I drink your milkshake.
I've been in a similar situation myself. Obviously you want to protect your friend and kick the shit out of the guy, but that's not a real world solution.
You need to talk it through with her, get your info together, and go to the police.
I understand that you want to hurt him (I certainly would too), but it won't help your friend.

All the best to you both. One of those shitty situations where you can't really win, whatever you do.
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

As well as the obvious answer of calling the cops, simply being there for her and helping her through any hard decisions is possibly the best thing you can do. Should she decide to report it to the police, then she will need all the help and support from a good friend that she can get. Should she not do that, she'll need someone to talk to and most of all, listen.
Quote by guylee
Rape him.

That may have been in bad taste.

I forgive you, guylee.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz

ಠ_ಠ

That should do the trick
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
I reckon you should comfort your friend first of all. If she isn't open to talk about it, then wait until she is and discuss getting the police involved. She may not want to get the police involved and if she doesn't, I think you should respect that but if I was in you situation, I would definately try to get police involved with her permission though.

Hope that kinda helped even though I'm pretty sure this is pretty much the same as all the other posts.
Do not call the cops without speaking to your friend beforehand.
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal

Hang 'im, hang 'im hang 'im, till his toes are danglin!
Comic

SAAAAAAAAANNNNNSSSS!!!!
You do **** all until your friend asks you to
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
Ask your friend if she wants to do anything about it and make sure she knows you're there for support in case she thinks it'll be too hard etc.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
You need to let your friend know that if she wants to do anything about it, then she can and you'll support her.

Do NOT do anything for her, even if you think that's what she wants.
Page 1 of 2