Any one have any experience with these amps? I'm looking at the Ht-20 or 40 and would appreciate some feedback!
Thanks..
Ive played the ht stage 60, loved it and will be getting it sometime next week hopefully.

The cleans are really nice, from sparkly clean to some bluesy break up. the OD1 Channel gets great classic rock/hard rock tones and OD2 can be used for a lead channel or to take you all the way from classic rock/hard rock to some metal. Its a really cool & versatile amp.
Also the digital reverb is great! and it has two voicing for it dark/bright

I havnt played on the 20 or 40 but i assume they arent much different. I think they only have the clean and equivalent of the "OD2" channel.

and i believe they are full tube unlike the HT5. (not 100% on this though)

hope this helps
Guitars:
Fender Acoustic
Gibson Les Paul w/ DiMarzio Pups

Amp:
Blackstar HT Stage 60
Effects:
(Powered by T-Rex Fuel Tank Jr.)
Korg Pitchblack
CAE MC404 Wah
Blackout Effectors Twosome Fuzz
BOSS PH-3
BOSS DD-7
Last edited by VH-WCE at Sep 22, 2010,
inb4diodeflamewar

What styles do you play? what kind of tonea are you looking for? give us some bands or songs as a reference.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
The Blackstar Artisan 100 halfstack I played through was one of the best sounding amps I've ever heard. The build quality and fit and finish were first rate. If the HT-Venue and Series One are as good, Blackstar will be the one to beat in the coming years.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by Jhachey22
inb4diodeflamewar

shenanigans!

Seriously, though, I've only tried the artisan 15.... I thought it was alright, but not great. However, it was into the stock blackstar cab with v30s (the amp would have suited more vintage-voiced speakers better), and I didn't get a chance to jumper the channels. EDIT: that's probably not relevant to your interests, though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I've got the HT20 Head, and I freaking love it!

Really full bodied juicy cleans, decent high gain tone for solos. It's crying out for pedals though.
Thanks for the feedback guys.. I'm really in to the indie sound.. Arctic Monkeys, The Enemy.. Something along those lines?
i'd be looking at something a bit more vintage for that type of stuff, but that's just me. Assuming the ht20 is a more modern-sounding amp.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by brady14
Thanks for the feedback guys.. I'm really in to the indie sound.. Arctic Monkeys, The Enemy.. Something along those lines?

If you're looking for an Indie sound, you'd be better off getting something along the lines of an AC15 or AC30.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.