Has anyone here done it? I've been looking into it for awhile and I think it's the right choice for me. I just wanted to know if anyone had any experience on the subject especially those in California
Quote by JacobTheMe
Yeah, the movie was complete tat.

Avoid, unless you enjoy ruining things that you enjoy.

You can call me Cam, Cameron, or any other variation
Mortal Enemies with Primus2112
And everybody's singin'la, la la la, la la la
I just thought I'd get my diploma the old fashioned way. Seems like the easiest and most effective method.
Quote by pielover375
So last year, I put some potatoes in this jar and forgot about them. Today, I found them, and when I opened the jar, there is a puddle at the bottom and it smells like alcohol. If I drink this, do you think I will die, or have I made potato vodka?
Enjoy your high school years while they last. Once you leave there's no going back.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
easier for some people. i just want to get out of here
Quote by JacobTheMe

Wait, what? You can test out of high school? As in like, taking a test and then not going through high school?
ಥ_ಥ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ೃ ·ಏ· ಢ_ಢ

E-Married to the sexy DarkConcertine

and Jon777 .

you can get your GED at 16

Edit: sorry i meant high school proficiency exam
Quote by JacobTheMe

Last edited by BlackmanDown at Sep 22, 2010,
one of my friends did, when he was 17.

most other people I know just dropped out and took the GED, which I hear is easier than the CHSPE.
Get the GED. High school was the worst four years of my life.

If I could do it again I would have just dropped out and gotten the GED.
Quote by Dirge Humani
Getting a GED is piss easy, but you will most likely only be able to get into a Community College with it.

Of course, do well at the college, and you could easily transfer into another college.

this is what i was planing on doing
Quote by JacobTheMe

Quote by Thejoker92
Get the GED. High school was the worst four years of my life.

If I could do it again I would have just dropped out and gotten the GED.

Please, do not listen to this person. Those four years of highschool can make or break your chances down the line. Do yourself a favor man.
Quote by hildesaw
Please, do not listen to this person. Those four years of highschool can make or break your chances down the line. Do yourself a favor man.

how so?
Quote by JacobTheMe

Quote by BlackmanDown
how so?

Employers and colleges want to see people who don't look for the easy way out.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
I'm not sure I'd wanna miss out on the experience of high school. Also, employers like to hear that you got, for example, a 2.5 GPA in high school and then whatever you get in college. Good grades means you're not a fucktard that'll need firing later and that you'll work hard. That's what they tend to think anyway. Plus, since most employers are looking for longterm employees, they'd probably appreciate the fact that you spent 4 years working hard in high school and 4 or 5 years working hard in college.
i can take the test and still go to high school if i want but i understand what you^ and rgrocker are saying
Quote by JacobTheMe

Quote by BlackmanDown
Has anyone here done it? I've been looking into it for awhile and I think it's the right choice for me. I just wanted to know if anyone had any experience on the subject especially those in California

What do you hope to gain from it? Why do you want to get out of high school early? It seems like a bad choice to me...you should enjoy your high school years, as previously stated. But seriously, I would like to know the reasoning behind your decision.
Castles made of sand
Fall to the sea
Eventually
I'm not at all familiar with your educational system but I know immediately which is going to be the most beneficial to take. No employer is going to be impressed by an applicant who took the quick way out.
I just want to get out of high school because its boring and repetitive and whatnot. also i would have to go to community college anyway
Quote by JacobTheMe

You're probably going to end up wasting more time upgrading than you would just getting decent grades in school if you were to drop out and get your GED. Not to mention money. High school is pretty easy. I wouldn't blow it off if I were you. How bad could it possibly be? I'm in my senior year and shit's about as simple as it can get. The only reason I could think of would be lack of adequate time for teaching, which is perfectly understandable. An hour and a half is nowhere near enough time for a senior level class. But at the same time, that's only really a consideration if you're trying to get into a good university and seriously need to know your material and if you're considering dropping high school I highly doubt you're that type of person.
its not that i want to drop out and sit on my ass on the Pit all day im going to enroll in community college ASAP and the transfer to a state or UC school
Quote by JacobTheMe

I see you're grade 11, so even if you were to drop right now you probably wouldn't be able to get into any classes until spring, then add a couple years before you can get into a real school (Unless you intend to take up a trade or major in communications or something that doesn't require much in the way of senior level high school courses). You'd likely end up wasting more time than you think you're saving.
Quote by BlackmanDown
I just want to get out of high school because its boring and repetitive and whatnot. also i would have to go to community college anyway

It may be repetitive and boring or whatever, but it is free. If you try to go the route of community college>university it will ultimately cost you more. Why would you have to go to community college?
Castles made of sand
Fall to the sea
Eventually
Cheaper and grades
Quote by JacobTheMe

I didn't know you could actually test out of high school. I took a few correspondence courses and stuff and graduated in 3 years though.
kill all humans
lolololol california sux

I would know.
Super
Old
Cats
Are
Surprising

Many profile views... few friends...
Quote by BlackmanDown

Grow a pair and fucking finish high school, you big baby.
Quote by goest
Grow a pair and fucking finish high school, you big baby.

Definitely this.
Quote by BlackmanDown
easier for some people. i just want to get out of here

Everybody "wants out of there" when they're in high school. Then they get to college or get a full-time job and realize they were stupid for wanting out. Live with minimal responsibility while you can -- I can assure you it's not any more interesting or fun to have shit to do all the time. Being an adult has its pros and cons...a lot of cons...cons you probably haven't seriously considered.
Last edited by RockInPeaceDime at Sep 22, 2010,
I live in California.
My friend did it our junior year, and basically he told me he regrets it. Especially since he lived close enough to the school that he heard the whole commencement when we graduated.

It didn't give him much of a head start anyway, since not many people want to hire a 17 year old fresh out of school with something that isn't exactly a diploma.

I say finish high school at a normal pace. Make better use of your time by taking AP classes and whatnot. It definitely helped me.
Blindfolds aside I'd probably still close my eyes

And try to feel a trembling fetal life inside
that shotgun barrel that's about to make me bleed

Like an ulcer in the stomach of the beast

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
I didn't test out of high school but I did graduate two years early, and I graduated college a year early as well. Had I stuck with the "correct program", I would be in school til May 2012. As it is, I graduated last year.

I'm glad I did it. People kept telling me I would be missing out on my high school years but, they didn't know what I wanted. High school was pointless to me, and college was pretty lousy as well. The latter was my fault though; I chose a track and a school that I ended up not liking. Take your time making those decisions. I have higher hopes for grad school, we'll see.

I guess we're talking about two different things because I still did take a high school diploma, but, I disagree that once you get to community college employers/schools will think you took the easy way out. Once you get into college nobody cares about your high school diploma.

If given another chance I would do the same thing all over again. The pros far outweighed the cons for me, but to give you an idea of what the cons are:

1. Socially, people will be reluctant to take you seriously because of your age. I learned to keep that out of conversation.
2. You might feel like you missed your high school years (like I said, I never had this feeling, but apparently some do)
3. I graduated university right after I turned 20. Not being able to legally drink in your senior year of college = lame.
Quote by metacarpi
I'd rather post a chat up line with an escape route in case it starts going wrong.

"Did it hurt when you fell from heaven?"

*girl looks unimpressed*

"Because it looks like you landed on your face."
When you apply for a decent college and they see a Good Enough Diploma on your record, they're going to assume you're a fucktard who couldn't handle high school.

Stay in school or either place out. GEDs are for losers and old people.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by dudetheman
When you apply for a decent college and they see a Good Enough Diploma on your record, they're going to assume you're a fucktard who couldn't handle high school.

Stay in school or either place out. GEDs are for losers and old people.

Have you ever been to college? Once you get to college, no one gives a rats ass about how you did in HS.
I had a friend who was an academic prodigy who was taking community college classes since freshman year and all throughout the summer and such, all whilst taking AP classes in high school. He tested out his junior year, spent a semester more at community college and went to UCSD with sophomore standing while most kids his age were seniors in high school....this was all in california and stuff....but im guessing youre asking this because you're not an academic prodigy?
Currently Playing:
Arma 2/3, Dayz, GW2, GTA, Splinter Cell, ESO, FF:X, Pokemon X
I've actually been thinking about this lately.

I live in California too. Which is a rather strange coincidence. Im just nervous to tell my parents is all.
Quote by L.A.P.D.
Have you ever been to college? Once you get to college, no one gives a rats ass about how you did in HS.

The academic admissions committee certainly do.
all i can say is that it might not be worth the trouble. i see where you're coming from though...high school can be a waste of time.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Might as well stick it out man. I wish i could have but i got kicked out and now i have my good enough degree.
Quote by aRandomSandwich
Walk in on your first day cover in butter and flop your knob out on the managers desk, this will show confidence, and your boss like that in a man, he likes that a lot, he also likes his penis in a man... work hard now y'all...