Hey UG

So I bought a Traynor YCV50 (the Black model, if it matters) a few weeks back. I've been playing around with it and have found some nice sounds with it (yes, my el cheapo chorus through the effects loop).

So I am at a worship band audition in a fairly large Auditorium. The guy who plugged me in (he used to be in a punk band...he owned a Marshall 4102 back in the day) to the sound system plugged me into a DI through the "send" in my effects loop rather the external speaker jack. (I was against even getting plugged in...50 watts by myself...).

So my question is, is there a "right" way to plug in? Would the speaker jack not be better than the effects loop? Considering I use my effects loop...

Anyways, thanks guys.
Strat Copy
Epi Les Paul Black Beauty
Iby JS-100
Takamine G406S

Marshall MG15MSII
Traynor YCV50B

AB>Crybaby Standard>TU-3>DS-1>DS-2>ML-2>ZW-44>B.O.R.

EHX LPB-1>Phase 90>Milkshake Chorus

"Keep on rockin' in the free world"
Yeah, that's totally fine. The 'send' out is basically your preamp going out, then into his DI is a totally normal way to run things into a PA.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
you could ask him just to mic your amp.

do a little research on microphone placement and stuff and you'll get it.
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
The speaker jack carries a hot signal (one that's been amplified) so is a nono for being DI'd from. Simplified that speaker jack is carrying 50w of power, your guitar it probably putting out significantly less than 1w.

I much prefer to mic guitar and DI bass for a couple of reasons
1) if you have something in the fx loop and DI from it, you don't get the FX through the amp (assuming you're still using the speakers). This is a particular problem with delay, if you're on stage using you amp as a monitor [of sorts] and you can't hear the elay, you have problems
2) going out the FX loop loses you the colouring of the power amp and speaker section, depending on your setup that can be quite a significant sound change...
The only 6 words that can make you a better guitarist:

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more
Hmm. Ok.

So with those numbers I get the feeling: DI from Speaker Jack=something fried?

While I am at it:

Effects Loops are Pre Gain and Post Controls right?

If it was up to me, I would just mic it because I would have control over my whole sound (like the whole delay thing...)

Thanks
Strat Copy
Epi Les Paul Black Beauty
Iby JS-100
Takamine G406S

Marshall MG15MSII
Traynor YCV50B

AB>Crybaby Standard>TU-3>DS-1>DS-2>ML-2>ZW-44>B.O.R.

EHX LPB-1>Phase 90>Milkshake Chorus

"Keep on rockin' in the free world"