What's up UG. I bought a Peavey Vypyr 75 a couple days ago and I've been playing it half the time since. It's a really sweet amp, but I think it might be too big for me. It's my second amp, my first being a (dare I say it) Spider 3 15 . I'm mostly a bedroom player and sometimes I jam with a couple buddies. What I'm wondering is how does the Vypyr 30 compare to the 75? Would it be worth it to send back the 75 and order a 30?
Pffft, who cares?
Drop Z is where it's at.

"Stop playing those pussy notes son... Play some MAN CHORDS!"

Ó én sokkal! Én vagyok, hát egy leopárd!

Quote by sic006
What's up UG. I bought a Peavey Vypyr 75 a couple days ago and I've been playing it half the time since. It's a really sweet amp, but I think it might be too big for me. It's my second amp, my first being a (dare I say it) Spider 3 15 . I'm mostly a bedroom player and sometimes I jam with a couple buddies. What I'm wondering is how does the Vypyr 30 compare to the 75? Would it be worth it to send back the 75 and order a 30?

In what way is it to big? Taking up to much room, or just too loud? Cause if it's too loud, just try playing quieter?
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Quote by Guitarbaddie
In what way is it to big? Taking up to much room, or just too loud? Cause if it's too loud, just try playing quieter?

It doesn't actually take up too much space, but the loudest I've played it is barely over 1.
Pffft, who cares?
Drop Z is where it's at.

Quote by sic006
It doesn't actually take up too much space, but the loudest I've played it is barely over 1.

Well, like said before, if you are playing with a drummer, the 75w will be much better.

But if you are having trouble with volume and you are barely turning the thing up, then why not consider a lower wattage tube amp?

But that would depend on a few things, whether or not you want a bunch of effects, or multiple channels.

Otherwise, I would say jump all over the JCA20c, they are on sale on MF for only 300usd
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
i'd say keep the 75. the 30 is still VERY loud (i can barely play with it over 1) and the 75 has more features. plus, if u play with a drummer, the 75 might be better
No, This is a very excellent amp. Just invest in a pair of good headphones if its too loud for bedroom use :p
Doesn't the 75W have the power sponge feature?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92

Yea I just feel like it's useless to have an amp that goes to 13 and only play on 1.
Pffft, who cares?
Drop Z is where it's at.

Quote by sic006
Yea I just feel like it's useless to have an amp that goes to 13 and only play on 1.
Why? You still use most of the features of the amp.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Eh, I think I'm just gonna keep the 75. Who knows, maybe I'll even find a drummer to jam with.
Pffft, who cares?
Drop Z is where it's at.

The difference in power (30 vs 75 watts) is very small. Best case you are looking at around a 4 decibel difference in output. That isn't very much. So if the only reason you were going to trade amplifiers was power output, I personally would just keep the 75

Washburn X50PRO FE (GuitarHeads active bridge pickup)
Dean Vendetta XM
Jet City JCA20H head, w Eminence Texas Heat 12"
Danelectro Transparent Overdrive
Ibanez TS7
DigiTech RP-255
Behringer VD1 (Big Muff PI clone)
Eh, between the headphone jack and the powersponge, surely you shouldn't have that tough of a time managing its volume.
If it was me I would keep it. Heck, I play my DSL 100 in the house a lot, volume usually around 4 - 6. Can't do that when other people are around though.
***Guitars***
Epiphone Les Paul Custom AP (w/ 2 Seymour Duncans)
Jackson Dx10D Dinky (w/ DiMarzio PAF Bridge)
Epihpone Hummingbird

***Amps***
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100 (Voodoo Modified)
Custom 4x12 Halfstack (w/ Veteran 30's)
Quote by the1967mustang
If it was me I would keep it. Heck, I play my DSL 100 in the house a lot, volume usually around 4 - 6. Can't do that when other people are around though.

Do you have a wireless system/reaaaaly long cable?

My ears start to explode around 3-4 with my amp.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
I have a couple of 20ft cables, so I can stretch a long ways. Ya, if I was in the room, my ears would explode. I have to use ear plugs sometimes too.
***Guitars***
Epiphone Les Paul Custom AP (w/ 2 Seymour Duncans)
Jackson Dx10D Dinky (w/ DiMarzio PAF Bridge)
Epihpone Hummingbird

***Amps***
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100 (Voodoo Modified)
Custom 4x12 Halfstack (w/ Veteran 30's)
Quote by Offworld92

It doesn’t actually do enough to make the big amps practice friendly. It’s not really surprising—Peavy doesn’t seem like the kind of company that hires anybody who understands what “low volume” actually means
Well, I guess I'm not the only one with this... Problem? It really is a cool amp with all the stompboxes and effects built right in. Especially as an upgrade from a Spider.
Pffft, who cares?
Drop Z is where it's at.