it has no strings on it, this probably means it's been sitting in it's case for a very long time. which might be ok, but could also cause major problems.

Another reason why it might have no strings is that it has serious problems like action problems or fret issues.

of course, it could be just perfect. just good to be overly cautious. good call on posting it here.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
I'd call/email the dude and go look at it. Damn good deal, though...
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
It's not often you come across fakes of Hollowbody guitars. They take more effort to produce, and would be much more difficult to properly fake..

I'd say its real, but be cautious, as it may have some issues like connor said.

EDIT: You people calling it fake are ridiculous. It looks like it's got aged tarnish on the tuning heads, the inside of the case looks like its been aging and the binding looks very aged.

I really don't think some cheap Chinese company would even think about faking a hollow-body. Let's use our brains. They wouldn't even make a profit off of it, or a good one if at all.
Last edited by r0ckth3d34n at Sep 22, 2010,
2 hole truss rod cover: check.
Slanted headstock logo: check.
Even aging: check.

I would say you should have a look in person, take the cash with you and if its real, pull the trigger.
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
Which is why you eat funions. All the deliciousness of fried onions without disgusting lukewarm onion snake.
Quote by BrokenDstring
2 hole truss rod cover: check.
Slanted headstock logo: check.
Even aging: check.

I would say you should have a look in person, take the cash with you and if its real, pull the trigger.

if you read what the seller typed, he doesn't seem to know much about guitars.

how do i come to this conclusion? the strings thing. most people would say "unstrung" or something like that. not "it doesn't come with strings"

so what am i getting at? i hate to say it, but lowball that bastard. you may get lucky. it's quite a groovy looking guitar.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Quote by GimmeRock
looks very worn and the logo looks very suspicious.

well yeah duh, if its an old guitar then everything on it is going to be WORN.

this guitar IS legit, look at any ES-335 on google it matche3s perfectly, the logo is spot on as well.
I would email the person and ask for the serial number. and look it up. i really wouldnt be surprised if that guitar turns out to be a diamond in the rough.
It looks real to me. There are so many variations over the years you could probably nail down the year range with better pics but going there with cash in hand (if it's not too late) would be a wise idea.

http://home.provide.net/~cfh/gibson4.html

btw the crr stands for "Country Rock Regular".

http://dumb.org/instruments-and-amplifiers/gibson-es-335-td-crr/

only 300 made?? Snag it!
Last edited by cranium2001 at Sep 22, 2010,
Quote by Scarface735
hmm it got flagged for removal.

Well that sucks. I was excited for you.