Page 1 of 3
Okay, so after much deliberation I’ve decide to join…

“The Holy Philanthropic Order of the Knights of Columbus”

Like most fraternities, they have an initiation ceremony. The details of which are kept secret by an Oath of Secrecy. This Oath is also a part of members’ religious/knightly duties.

I’m kinda scared though. I’ve seen too many psycho-suspense thriller movies. I’m afraid of what they may make me do. I’m afraid they may tie my hands behind my back while I swear some weird-ass oath, or put a hood over my head while someone wails on me, or hold a knife or sword to my throat while being made to swear an oath, or walk across hot coals (walking across coals would be pretty awesome actually, cause then I could brag to myself about it). I’m afraid they may make me do some scary-ass shit like that.

I’ve personally never joined anything near anything like this sort of thing. If any of y’all have been, are, or have recently joined, anything at this level of weirdness, if y’all could tell me what kind of stuff the initiation is, and penalties for leaving (if at all). I don’t want personal experiences, just something so that I can get an idea of what to expect. Also this way too, I wont be driving home from the ceremony crying like a little bitch.

Oh, by the way, it’s also too late for me to back out. Again, I’m really scared you guys.

*I’ve already submitted my application and am awaiting interview before the Grand Council *
Last edited by neptune1988 at Sep 22, 2010,
When I joined my frat, there was one particular ritual called the elephant walk. If you hear anyone mention that, run.
Knights of Columbus are pretty well known here. They do charity stuff and sell tootsie-rolls. You probably already know all this, but I feel like procrastinating from homework right now. Most people here like them or don't mind them.

Edit: I may be thinking about a different Knights of Columbus...
ಥ_ಥ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ೃ ·ಏ· ಢ_ಢ

E-Married to the sexy DarkConcertine

and Jon777 .

Quote by Will Swanson
They'll probably make you watch The Prestige with them.

Dude that movie is bad-ass. Its funny you mention that, I was actually planning on watching that later tonight.
I hate initiation shit.

I just don't join those things.
Super
Old
Cats
Are
Surprising

Many profile views... few friends...
Quote by neptune1988
Dude that movie is bad-ass. Its funny you mention that, I was actually planning on watching that later tonight.

Make sure you watch the whole movie, alone. Don't even think about slightly attractive girls.
Quote by BobDetroit
Directions:
Unplug keyboard.
Place it in your butt so you can't post anymore.

Quote by Fadetoblack5:03
You deserve some form of awesome reward, but I'm to lazy. Imagine the rest of these:

Quote by Lt. Shinysides
When I joined my frat, there was one particular ritual called the elephant walk. If you hear anyone mention that, run.

Quote by Urban Dictionary
A group dance, generally used as a hazing activity. Put one thumb in your mouth and the other in the asshole of the person in front of you. Everybody does this so that it forms a loop. You proceed to dance around in a circle. Should anyone's thumb become dislodged from the ass of the person in front of them, they must switch thumbs.

I weep for you, Shinysides.
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
Which is why you eat funions. All the deliciousness of fried onions without disgusting lukewarm onion snake.
The good news is after you're done you'll be able to suck a golf ball through a gardening hose.
Quote by neptune1988

...you must be new here.
Quote by mcjosh
Knights of Columbus are pretty well known here. They do charity stuff and sell tootsie-rolls. You probably already know all this, but I feel like procrastinating from homework right now. Most people here like them or don't mind them.

No, its the same ones.

Although theres a knights of columbus in ACTUAL Columbia (like South America Columbia) that worships Christopher Columbus as a warrior-godess born in present-day Columbia.

^
I read somewhere on-line, so I doubt its true. But still, even if that's true, its still hilarious as hell.
i cant say much but if the words "lemon" and "juice box" are in the same sentence get in the fetal position.
POST RAWK
Quote by crazywatermelon
i cant say much but if the words "lemon" and "juice box" are in the same sentence get in the fetal position.

I laughed at that.

Also, I dont care for Stephen Colbert. He's too much of a smug-ass douche.
He only makes jokes, for the sake of making a joke. Frankly, Colbert is creepily nationalist.

I like John Stewart better. When John Stewart makes a joke, it actually has a meaning behind it.
Quote by neptune1988
I laughed at that.

He only makes jokes, for the sake of making a joke. Frankly, Colbert is creepily nationalist.

That's his character. He's not really like that.
Quote by neptune1988
I laughed at that.

I like John Stewart better. When John Stewart makes a joke, it actually has a meaning behind it.

Yup. Definitely very very new.

Apart from the fact he's been here longer then me.
Quote by stratdud39
my urban dictionary definition said you have to grab an erect penis.

it was neither of those. U of T's manages to be horrifyingly creative in a way that only sadistic bastards can be, but at the same time not quite as bad as the first one.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
it was neither of those. U of T's manages to be horrifyingly creative in a way that only sadistic bastards can be, but at the same time not quite as bad as the first one.

what is U of T? If you're making reference to University of Texas, most people here (corpus christi, texas), we just say UT.

and whats so damn funny about liking the movie The Prestige?
Quote by neptune1988
I laughed at that.

I like John Stewart as well. you go to Colbert to laugh not get information Although i dont like Stewarts "news team", they try too hard to be funny sometimes
POST RAWK
I thought the Knights of Columbus were a Catholic Charity organization?

OH SHIT! ITS THE KNIGHTS TEMPLAR AND THE NEW WORLD ORDER
Blindfolds aside I'd probably still close my eyes

And try to feel a trembling fetal life inside
that shotgun barrel that's about to make me bleed

Like an ulcer in the stomach of the beast

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
Quote by neptune1988
I laughed at that.

Colbert is the biggest troll alive.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides

I have a friend who goes to UT he says that once they are initiated they cant talk about it so that adds a creepy molester touch to it. (pun not originally intended)
POST RAWK
Quote by StratoCatser
I hate initiation shit.

I just don't join those things.

Me too man. Plus all the shit you have to do once you joined just isn't worth it to gain a few drinking buddies.

I didn't really think Knights of Columbus was like that, though...
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
A catholic organization that only accepts men?

Yeah, you're getting raped.
12 fret fury
Quote by neptune1988
what is U of T? If you're making reference to University of Texas, most people here (corpus christi, texas), we just say UT.

University of Toronto.

And the flag of the UK.
Quote by Punk Poser
A catholic organization that only accepts men?

Yeah, you're getting raped.

Oh, a scientologist organization that only accepts geeks?

Yeah, you're getting a free trip to mambi-pambi-land by way of an intergalactic unicorn that grants you three wishes!

^
if you've seen Bill maher's Religulous, thats basically the whole movie:
Make up something crazy enough and people will totally get behind it.
Quote by neptune1988

Quote by crazywatermelon
I have a friend who goes to UT he says that once they are initiated they cant talk about it so that adds a creepy molester touch to it. (pun not originally intended)

University of Toronto. Imagine Hogwarts, but more haunted.
Quote by guylee
Didn't you make a thread about whether or not you should join about a month ago?

If so, congrats on the decision man.

Yes, that was me. And thanks.
Quote by mcjosh

HAHAHA what the **** kind of frat house are you joining TS????????????

but i bet they blindfold you, hog tie you, then spank you like 25 times, then have you give the fat gay guy oral while blindfolded... or not... or maybe they will... who knows... but once you're in you get to sell tootsie rolls!!!
I smoke like Rasta, got hair like pasta
I be sippin' on them shots then bustin' rhymes like Busta

Load up the bong, crank up the song, let the informa call 911
We have a uni in the UK that basically sets you up to get raped in a field, so that's the kinda thing you'll be up against.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
SPOILER!

Frats are retarded.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Quote by Gunpowder
SPOILER!

Frats are retarded.

ever been to a frat party? Obviously not. Without frats, the university experience doesn't exist.
Page 1 of 3