hey guys, I've got a DeArmond 65C that I thought would be kinda cool to plop a J-50-BC into it. The stock pickups are 2-wire and the J50 of course is a 4-wire. I tied the red-white green-black together and put it on the bridge volume pot, green and black on the ground. The original pup in the neck has noticeably less buzz, quiet like it should be. is the J50 just a little noisy by nature?? It doesn't pop or anything when i thouch metal/strings, it just sounds like its got alot of feedback all the time.

any ideas?
I'm not familiar with the j-50-bc, but at first glance it looks like you've got it wired wrong..

gimmie a minute to look into it a bit more and I'll be back to help out

edit: ok, I think jackson has the same colour codes as seymour duncan, so you need to:
put the green and bare on ground
red and white are soldered together and connected to nothing but eachother
black is hot and gets send to the volume pot

that should do it.

it's getting alot of buzz right now because you have only one coil turned on, and it's probably out of phase with your other pickup
Last edited by james4 at Sep 22, 2010,
Quote by james4
I'm not familiar with the j-50-bc, but at first glance it looks like you've got it wired wrong..

gimmie a minute to look into it a bit more and I'll be back to help out

edit: ok, I think jackson has the same colour codes as seymour duncan, so you need to:
put the green and bare on ground
red and white are soldered together and connected to nothing but eachother
black is hot and gets send to the volume pot

that should do it.

it's getting alot of buzz right now because you have only one coil turned on, and it's probably out of phase with your other pickup

HAHAHAH thanks mate, it was i jsut quick threw it together to see if i could get sound...no buzz now, works perfect
yeah it is!!! its not every day you get an AMERICAN made J50-BC pickup for free....