I have a ibanez rg2ex1 and a vypyr 15w. wondering how i can get THIS TONE the solo tone is just so sweet to me!(skip to 3:20 if you want). I know what they use to get it but i cant afford that crap. so what are some good amp setting on my vypyr for this tone and im possibly looking for a new or used amp for this kind of musuc that is a resonable price any suggestions besides buying a krank head?

Thanks!
Neck pickup and overdrive for start. Reverb is never bad. A lot of it has to do with how well you play it as well, not just what kind of effects you use.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Nick Hipa uses a 6505+ and Phil Sgrosso uses a 5150 III. And they use emg 81's and Blackouts. So lets say i use the 6505 model what settings should i use i just cant seem to get a good enough tone for my ears
Ya, When i saw them they had triple recs. They have way to thick of a sounds for 6505/5105's
Thats just what Guitar World said in there interview with them it was pretty recent, i dont know maybe they change heads every show haha
Last edited by bigjuice_7 at Sep 23, 2010,
Yeah, that doesn't sound like a 6505 to me. I know, I have one. The mids on the 6505 are fairly ridiculous and somewhat boxy. The mids in that sounded smooth. I'd support the theory of the Mesas.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Rec, neck pickup, some compression, played precisely.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by forsaknazrael
You have already been given good advice.

Personally, I think it's possible to dial in AILD from a 6505. Youse guise are doing it wrong.

Oh I agree completely on rhythm. The lead stuff? Eh... not so much. 6505s are just too dry for that.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
Yea if you can't dial in a metal tone with a 6505+....you shouldn't be near anything electronically...k
Quote by BrokenDstring
Just smear poo all over everything he owns. Trade him for a fake les paul. Turtle his backpack. Bang his friends.

THIS IS WHAT THE PIT IS. RETARDED THREADS. ALL DAY, EVERY GOD DAMN DAY.
i couldn't find anything reliable to back it up (the wiki has nothing on equipment), but their tone sure sounds like either a 6505 or a mesa dual recto.
Guitars
Amps
Quote by forsaknazrael
Hm, i think it's still doable...but I will go back to GC soon with my metalhead buddy and see what happens.

We usually use a JSX there, I like that better.

I really liked the JSX when I tried it, along with the 3120. If I had ~$1400 lying around instead of $600 I'd have gotten a 3120 and an Avatar 212.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden