I was wondering whether or not there are any kind of legal documents that have to be signed when purchasing a car from a non authorized dealer? I'm pretty sure it's not just a "give the money get the car" kind of thing. I'm asking cause I'm thinking of buying a car off of a friend or craigslist and I don't know if there's any kind of paper signing I need to do.
Current/Main Gear
'06 MIA Fender Stratocaster
'97 Epiphone Les Paul Standard Lim. Ed.
'90s Peavey Classic 30
H&K Tubemeister 18
MXR 404 CAE Crybaby
Ibanez TS9
Ernie Ball Jr. Volume
Digitech Hardwire DL-8
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
I believe you need to get a title transfer and such, which requires signing and payment as well
Schecter C-1 Classic in Seethru blue <333
Schecter Damien FR
Roland AC-60 acoustic amp
Boss GE-7 EQ
Line6 Ubermetal Distortion
Sigma Dx Acoustic
You need a bill of sale. A standard receipt will do, but you need the VIN (serial number), owner's name, and price paid for the vehicle.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Can I print off these forms anywhere?
Current/Main Gear
'90s Peavey Classic 30
H&K Tubemeister 18
MXR 404 CAE Crybaby
Ibanez TS9
Ernie Ball Jr. Volume
Digitech Hardwire DL-8
It depends on where you are, some states are more strict on that kind of stuff than others. But where I am, you just need to get the title signed over and that's pretty much it I think.
Quote by Colgate Total
You need a bill of sale. A standard receipt will do, but you need the VIN (serial number), owner's name, and price paid for the vehicle.

Yeah, this pretty much sums it up.
Ok but who does the receipt? Is it a hand written thing or what? I'm imagining the scenario as going over to the seller's house, paying the car, and signing the papers. What I'm wondering is should the seller or myself have the paperwork to correctly sign it over legally with a receipt being developed how?
Current/Main Gear
'90s Peavey Classic 30
H&K Tubemeister 18
MXR 404 CAE Crybaby
Ibanez TS9
Ernie Ball Jr. Volume
Digitech Hardwire DL-8
Quote by EncoreBlade
Ok but who does the receipt? Is it a hand written thing or what? I'm imagining the scenario as going over to the seller's house, paying the car, and signing the papers. What I'm wondering is should the seller or myself have the paperwork to correctly sign it over legally with a receipt being developed how?

When I buy cars from a private seller, I pay them, they give me the titled, that they have already signed, They then write a bill of sale up saying " i ( there name) sold ( the vehical) to (your name) on ( the date) for ( the price). Then you go to the DMV you pay the tax's for the sale, then pay for the title transfer, and you have to take the Bill of sale and old title, so they can charge the tax's on the car