a question for the amateurs here that sell there song on itunes...etc

this question is aimed at those here that are not signed by anyone and just make song and sell them online.

i was wanting to know based off your own ability to make your songs known to people how much you generaly make off one song by selling it on amazon,itunes or whatever?
$0.99. One person buys it, then it ends up on a torrent somewhere.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Not a lot. Not a lot at all. Enough to make you feel like you achieved something though.
Advertise every place you can. And you gotta pay for your own UPC code to start with, which is about £25 ($40?), so just think of all the music you make...earning you that back
If I was a starting out musician, I'd give away all my music for free until I got a fanbase. Then I'd release an EP, then album. And every now and then I'd release free tracks etc.

Ideally, I'd be Trent Reznor.
^that dude knows what's up. Most people aren't going to pay for someone who they don't know at all. Build a fanbase first
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
Quote by boreamor
If I was a starting out musician, I'd give away all my music for free until I got a fanbase. Then I'd release an EP, then album. And every now and then I'd release free tracks etc.

Ideally, I'd be Trent Reznor.

So, you'll play a show covered in mud and sing, "I wanna **** you like an animal?"

Consider me a fan, then!

On Topic: QFT. Do what this guy says.
I'M IN THE FIGHT TO CURE CYSTIC FIBROSIS...MY LIFE DEPENDS ON IT!

Quote by JustRooster
I'm a straight man, but I'd put that surfcaster right in my mouth.

Quote by JD2k9
Well, life is like a penis.
Women make it hard.
Also, it's short but seems long when it gets hard.
Last edited by Just_a_picker at Sep 22, 2010,
Quote by Just_a_picker
So, you'll play a show covered in mud and sing, "I wanna **** you like an animal?"

Consider me a fan, then!

On Topic: QFT. Do what this guy says.

QFT for QFT.

No one would ever buy a brand-new artist's album. You have to earn a reputation first.
Quote by SlayingDragons
QFT for QFT.

No one would ever buy a brand-new artist's album. You have to earn a reputation first.

I bought The Dirty Heads CD the very same day I heard Lay Me Down for the first time.

Discuss.
Gear:
08' Gibson Les Paul Studio
Peavey Valveking 112 w/ Vintage 30
Peavy Vypyr 15 watt
MXR 10 Band EQ
MXR EVH Phase 90
Boss DS-1
Dunlop 535Q Wah

Death to all butt metal.
i know i would need to build a fan base but for those of you who have and are selling your music,just in general how much do you make off of it?
Quote by TheLifeguard
I bought The Dirty Heads CD the very same day I heard Lay Me Down for the first time.

Discuss.

yeah. You HEARD the track, and then bought the CD...

You didn't BUY the track, and then buy the CD.

Therefore, you had a certain expectation walking in, instead of walking in blind. What TS is considering is trying to blindside-bitchslap listeners with new m00sic.
Well, based off of my research done on this really neat website called "Google", I believe artists make roughly 9 cents off of a 99 cent track.

But it then said the artist's label would get like 50 cents.

....what if you dont have a label? idk. If you really want to know just contact someone at iTunes somehow?
Oh, you DO want a free demo?