SUPER GAS here dude. Some guy I work with (UPS...I'm the guy who breaks your tubes when you ship your amps. You're welcome.) decided he's done playing guitar because he discovered that he has a passion for bass. He's getting rid of his Fender Mexi Strat and his Schecter Hellraiser.

FOR REALLY CHEAP.

There's pretty much a 100% chance that I can't pass up a deal this good (we're talking slightly over half price) so soon these both shall be mine! Pretty good upgrade from my LP-100 methinks.

One question though.

If I buy these two guitars, I won't be able to afford a new amp for a loooooooong time. So I'll be stuck with a Hellraiser and a Peavey Vypyr.

EMGs > Solid State. WEWT.

Now I know that the general consensus is that EMGs do not belong in the general vicinity of a solid state amp but i meeeaaannn...this is a RIDICULOUS deal and the Hellraiser looks badass.

Do EMG 85/81s sound that bad with a Vypyr? I mean...if they're just terrible I'll let someone else have the guitar honestly. Maybe I'll buy it and sell it for slightly more...I dunno. But I'd like to keep it.

What do you guys think?
Fender Deluxe Lonestar Stratocaster, Blackstar HT-5RS, Roland Micro Cube, Alvarez Regent Acoustic
Wishlist:
Carvin V3M
Agile AL-3100 Silverburst
The most important thing is if you like how the guitar plays. Pickups / amps can be changed eventually.
FEEL!
CAN!
NOT!

Besides my rhythm guitarist plays emg's and livewire's through his practice vypyr and it doesn't sound half bad. and it should be noted that i don't even like the sound of those pickups so i dont think you have anything to worry about.
Oh yeah I totally agree. I've played both of those guitars in store before and I think they're both just wonderful feeling. Especially the Fender...I'm a sucked for Fender necks. The Schecter neck was really thin and seemed really fast...and it weighed a little less than any Les Paul I'd used.

Feel is covered.

Glad to know that your friend's practice Vypyr wasn't a terrible combination too!
Fender Deluxe Lonestar Stratocaster, Blackstar HT-5RS, Roland Micro Cube, Alvarez Regent Acoustic
Wishlist:
Carvin V3M
Strats are just ****ing unbelievably good man. And i am not even a fanboy
Founder Of The "Jimmy Page Stole All Of My Potential Riffs" Club PM To Join!.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Meh, I usually just buy them off the local shaman, unless I'm in the wilderness, where I rely on raw meat to raise my HP.
The Vypyr takes front end boosting fairly well, I know a guy who runs a distortion pedal with his Vypyr 15. You shouldn't have any serious problem with EMGs.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
EMGs do not sound bad with solid state amps.

I dunno what idiot started that, but it's just simply not true.

Also - What is this "great price?" Just curious
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Last edited by MatrixClaw at Sep 23, 2010,
^ truee but EMG's sound pretty bad in my experience through modelling amps.
It's not terrible but after you play a not and stop it a bit of hum comes back which is a bit of a pain
but they don't really effect your tone too much
Amps:
Orange Rocker 30
Marshall JCM 800 1960 4x12
Guitars:
Ibanez SAS32EXFM White
Epiphone SG G400
Pedals:
Boss SD-1
Boss GE-7
Behringer TU-300

www.myspace.com/oceansatealaska
Quote by josh_salty
^ truee but EMG's sound pretty bad in my experience through modelling amps.
It's not terrible but after you play a not and stop it a bit of hum comes back which is a bit of a pain
but they don't really effect your tone too much

They might not sound the best through a SS amp, but they don't sound bad.

They are certainly an upgrade over the cheap stock pickups that come in most import guitars, even with a SS amp.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
AH well...if you want to know the prices...

They are very VERY lightly used. My co worker is a rich mother ****er. Like...his parents make over $700,000 a year collectively. He got both of these guitars from impulse buys and doesn't really care about resale.

$250 for the Strat and $300 for the Hellraiser. That's 500 bucks...which is about the cost of JUST the Strat.

Needless to say I'm excited.
Wishlist:
Carvin V3M
Last edited by Ayses at Sep 23, 2010,
Not bad, the price on the Schecter is good, but the Strat is about average.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Not bad, the price on the Schecter is good, but the Strat is about average.
^ Really? I've personally never seen a mint MIM Strat go for under $299. And that was like a 1998. This one's a 2005 I believe.
Wishlist:
Carvin V3M
Quote by Ayses
^ Really? I've personally never seen a mint MIM Strat go for under $299. And that was like a 1998. This one's a 2005 I believe.

There's like 10 on my CL right now for $300 or lower. There's even a Carvin bolt for $300, and a MIA Strat for $400

$250 is still a good price though, don't let me discourage you, I'm used to getting things extremely cheap You could probably sell it for a bit more than what you're paying.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Haha its cool. My local Craigslist blows...always has lol. Seems weird for living outside a pretty large city. Meh.

Anyway, I'm pretty much keeping the Strat 100%. Always wanted a Strat for mellow stuff. We'll see with the Hellraiser I guess.
Wishlist:
Carvin V3M
If your REALLY worried about the EMGs on an SS head...roll back the volume on the EMGs.
Ibanez RGR421EXFM, Michael Kelley Vex NV, Ovation Celebrity. Carvin V3
Peavey 412M w/Eminence Wizards & Swamp Thangs, Rocktron Hush Super C, Furman PL-8C,15 band EQ, Boosta grande, ISP Decimator, Dano EQ, Ibanez TBX 150,TC Elec Polytune
^This
Got a question about Baritone guitars? Feel free to PM me.

Thanks to UG, I converted from Metalcore to some "real" Metal.
Hmm. Never thought about rolling back on the volume knob. That makes a lot of sense lol. Well I think I'm gonna take the deal. Talking to him today at work. "Cool blog, bro" I know but thanks for answering my question guys!
Wishlist:
Carvin V3M
Better yet, buy them, sell them for a profit.

Or sell your LP and Vypyr for a teh tube amps.
No ego-inflating quotes nor stupidly long signatures to be found here.

Move along.

Bands/Artists of the month; Marco Sfogli, Marco Sfogli and Marco Sfogli .

Quote by steve_muse
^lol'd at the sig, adj209
Quote by ThorVonClemson
The most important thing is if you like how the guitar plays. Pickups / amps can be changed eventually.
FEEL!
CAN!
NOT!

I love you.

That is a pretty sweet deal TS, considering you're getting 2 pretty good guitars. Hope it works out for you.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
^^ I like his plan. Buy the two new guitars, then sell the LP and the Vypyr and put that cash toward a nice amp.
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Last edited by CL/\SH at Sep 23, 2010,
I agree with MatrixClaw when he says that EMG's do not sound 'bad' on SS/Digital amps and it must have been some idiot who started this rumor and it must have caught on.

I have played my LTD EC-1000 (EMG's) in my Tube and SS amp and in no way did the EMG's negatively react with the SS amp. In the past I also played another guitar with EMG's in a different SS amp and there were NO adverse effects at all. Don't worry about the EMG+SS= Garbage because these people don't know what they're talking about.
Well he decided to keep the Mexi Strat, which is all good I guess. I got the Hellraiser today but I'm not really happy with it. The neck just isn't for me. Sounds fine, but I don't really like the way it looks or feels anymore. I did at the shop...but meh. I was high that day I think...lol.

Honestly I'm probably just going to sell it for more than I bought it for and put it toward another guitar.

Just a month or so and I'll probably have an epic 2 NGD with a Fender Strat and a PRS SE custom 24, 25th anniversary.

Until then, smoke bluntz. Or something.
Wishlist:
Carvin V3M