I'm kind of a novice when it comes to tube voicings, but I've owned amps with both EL34s and 6L6s, and here's my two cents:

The 6534+ will have more of a midrange voicing, and will be more growly. It won't necessarily have more gain, but the gain will be "dirtier" instead of tight and precise.

I would say that it might cut the mix better, but everyone knows that the 6505 rapes the mix anyway.
Washburn HM Idol w/ SD JB in bridge > Ibanez Weeping Demon > Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey > Boss NS-2 > Boss DD-6 > Egnater Renegade > Splawn 2x12 w/ Weber Sig12Bs

Both amps are very middy. I own a 6505+ but have played the 6534+ only briefly. An owner of the 6534+ on RigTalk says that the channel switching is much improved, the 6534+ is considerably less noisy than the 6505+, the noise when switching between channels is also improved.
Quote by Unskathed
the gain will be "dirtier" instead of tight and precise.

Uhhh, I'd characterize EL-34s as tighter than a 6L6

I've heard the clean channel is much improved, haven't played one yet though.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Uhhh, I'd characterize EL-34s as tighter than a 6L6

I've heard the clean channel is much improved, haven't played one yet though.

Yeah my impression overall is that it was tighter and more focused, I actually got a pretty decent Uber tone from it (IMO). I didn't really try the clean channel though