Hey guys. I was just playing away on my guitar just now and my a-string, well, I want to say snapped, but it didn't really snap. It got stretched to the point where I could see the smaller string that make up the guitar string. It happened instantly so I suppose it snapped, but not quite.

Anyways, this happened to me before my last string change (which couldn't have been more then a few weeks ago), and now it's just happened again. I bought a pack of Ernie Ball strings or something like that. It wasn't a cheap no-name brand.

Could this be the bridge or something? That's where the stretch was now and that's where it was the last time it happened.

I've got a PRS SE Singlecut.
You've got a tune-o-matic and a bridgepiece, right?

There's a chance the bridge's saddles are sharp and wearing at the strings.

Edit: Nevermind, Google is your friend. Do you have the hardtail or trem model?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Last edited by necrosis1193 at Sep 23, 2010,
Hmm...are the edges of the bridge sharp then? It may also have to do with where you're picking or your palm muting - I break a lot of strings that way on a lot of my guitars simply because I sweat a lot onstage, so whenever I palm mute, the strings get doused around the saddles, which, combined with when I pick near the bridge to get a crisper sound, eats through it and corrodes it in a way that ends like that.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0