A strict parent
17 8%
An in between parent
114 55%
A purple spunky hippo parent
39 19%
Voters: 206.
Page 1 of 3
So I was watching the Powerpuff Girls Movie, and yes, it's just a cartoon and all... but for some reason it got me thinking.

How would I be as a parent? Would I be one of the over-the-top protective types, would I be one of the more leniant ones...

And so I wanted to ask the pit;

I know most of you haven't had kids yet, but if you ever did, how do you think you'd treat them, or be as a parent?
I'd be a pretty br00tz dad.

I guess I'd parent them as my parents have me, perhaps slightly more leniant though. Be less angry over the internet and stuff. Saying that, I'd also crush their self esteem if they failed any school assignment.

In response to your question; not a very good one.
I'd raise them how I was raised. I see nothing wrong with how I was brought up and I would say I've turned out ok. I'd be supportive, yet strict when it's required. And I'd be sure to teach my kids what my parents taught me: manners and discipline. Although you never know, I might turn out to be a terrible parent
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
I would be slightly leniEnt (correction there), simply because I'd prefer my kids to like me as a parent. But you still need to impose rules and morals.

Edit: ya, I think I'd definitely be strict concerning school (education in general). After all, it's good for your future if you do well in it.
Last edited by Vitor_vdp at Sep 23, 2010,
If I had a son i'd be a lot more lenient with him than if I had a daughter, who would be forbidden from owning a camera or going on the internet.
Like all parents, I'd subtly force my failed hopes and dreams on my kids.
No ego-inflating quotes nor stupidly long signatures to be found here.

Move along.

Bands/Artists of the month; Marco Sfogli, Marco Sfogli and Marco Sfogli .

Quote by steve_muse
^lol'd at the sig, adj209
Quote by adj209
Like all parents, I'd subtly force my failed hopes and dreams on my kids.

This.
Fairly strict when necessary, awesome and damn cool all the rest of the time.

This thread is evil because it makes me want babies more
I am in no position to do so and it shall therefore bug me for days now.

Being a woman sucks...
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
I'd be too strict while worrying about being too strict and trying not to be.

I'd just be a really fail dad probably! The fact that I find kids annoying doesn't help either...
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Fairly strict when necessary, awesome and damn cool all the rest of the time.

This thread is evil because it makes me want babies more
I am in no position to do so and it shall therefore bug me for days now.

Being a woman sucks...

What sucks more, being in the position to have babies whenever you want, or the position of having babies possibly forced upon you?

Be happy you're a woman, the alternative is nothing but lawsuits and DNA tests.
Well, I'm gonna be a step dad at some point, so I'm hoping a decent one...
Quote by CoreysMonster
What sucks more, being in the position to have babies whenever you want, or the position of having babies possibly forced upon you?

Be happy you're a woman, the alternative is nothing but lawsuits and DNA tests.

Shhhh I'm just grumpy because I want a baby and I'm in no position to do so
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
I think I'd make a damn good parent. If my kid was a girl, I'd encourage her to learn the piano. And I'd probably be a bit over protective.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Shhhh I'm just grumpy because I want a baby and I'm in no position to do so

To be honest, I find this fascinating. I, too, want kids, but more than the child itself I want a woman who I think is fitting for carrying it. I'd rather never have a child than have one with a woman I dont love.

EDIT: I'm not coming on to you, if that's what you're thinking, I just think that the idea of having kids is interesting
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Sep 23, 2010,
I awlays said id be more leniant. My son is 17 months old and im pretty protective of him.
Basically you cant tell how your going to be until you have a kid. Your whole life changes i mean everything.
Its cool when you see him doing shit that you taught him though!
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
I don't think I'd be a good parent. I'd be way too lenient since I never know when to say no.
cat
Quote by slipknot_420
I awlays said id be more leniant. My son is 17 months old and im pretty protective of him.
Basically you cant tell how your going to be until you have a kid. Your whole life changes i mean everything.
Its cool when you see him doing shit that you taught him though!

hell, it's even cool seeing younger brothers doing stuff you taught them. I imagine having a son do the same is even cooler
Ideally, I'd be in between.

Practically, I'd be a bad one.

In reality, I do not plan to have kids.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
Same as my parents, by which I mean I'd be lenient and let them make and learn from their own mistakes in life.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
I reckon I'd do quite well. Though it's not exactly like I've learned from the best.

I can't exactly use my experiences babysitting my cousins to inform me either, as that's financially motivated, for a couple of hours. Not for eighteen years.

Lenient... Fiercely protective... Slightly panicky... All that a good parent should be.
Last edited by red157 at Sep 23, 2010,
Ever see Nicholas Cage in "Kick Ass"? I'd be the coolest Dad, ever.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
I would be a terrible parent haha. I get so annoyed with little kids. I hate it when parents let their kids out in public. I am going to trap mine in the basement until they hit the age of 10.
I don't like grapes, I like brownies.
a Fritzl Dad
Gear:
----------------------
Jack and Danny Brothers Ls-5
Ibanez Gsa 60
----------------------
Zoom g9.2tt (for sale (NL))
----------------------
Blackheart Little Giant
I think I'll be a good parent. I was fortunate enough to have great parents so if I can emulate them I should be fine.
I don't think I'll even bother to have children, I'm very irresponsible though I still have lots of time to change that.
I always say i'd be pretty cool but my dad says all parents said that when they were young but they changed. All the ones he knows atleast. He said it to but he ended up actually being awesome. My friends and I quote him all the time XD

But as for me I think i'd be pretty leniant but that could change over time as I mentioned above.
I'd want to avoid any of the things my parents did that pissed me off.
So I wouldn't say things to people, claiming that the kid said it when that's a blatent lie.
I'd provide a house where they didn't have to pay for their own life at 17.
I'd try to give them as much confidence without being overbearing as possible so they could actually get somewhere.

S'all pretty pointless, even if I do get a girl into me to spend the rest of my life with 'em (or long enough for a kid at least) I'll probably get rid of her cos I'll find a way to hate her.
i'd speak languages at random to the kid XD

Turning him/her into a quadlingual child.

I'd be strict with some things and leniant with others.

TV - NOOOOOOOO

Tattoos and piercings, go crazy
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
I've been guardian to my brother and sisters for years so I'm pretty sure that I'll do okay..

I'm pretty strict, but only on what I have to be.. you have to pick your battles.. I'm really lucky though cos my siblings are awesome.. 2 of them are mini-me's - both into rock and are now playing instruments.. got one into bikes.. they're all very polite and very loyal.. ****ed up a few times but hell, parenting is harrrddd!!!!

I feel really sorry for the girls though cos their boyfriends go through hell trying to get through me...

I can't wait to be a mum though..
Quote by rich_sg
Oh come on Emz, the thread is who's your favorite UG'er, not MOST FAVORITE IN THE WHOLE WORLD!

Elecktra Of The UG Hero's And Villian's Club Pm josh999x To Join

The proud owner of [x]Huffy[x]

Quote by Heafyman
You Jackass_babe are cool.
I'd be strict. I think everyone wants to be that cool parent, but if I tried, I might turn into a doormat, and I refuse to be that guy. You don't do things my way, you don't get to do other things you want. Obviously it only applies to certain things, but it's all good.
Last edited by me_llamo_juan at Sep 23, 2010,
I'd love to be a good mum, do i think i will be ? No. I think when they are young I'll be so paranoid and never let them out of my sight. I reckon I'll let go a bit more in their teens. I think I'd teach them to be polite and kind and hopefully my husband will discipline and help with education.

Awww im broody now.

In-between like most people have said. One thing I know for sure, I'm going to try to make sure my kid is bilingual like me, so we can talk shit about people in their presence.
Quote by RU Experienced?
It depends on whether my kid is a little prick or not.

If you raise him to be a prick he will be a prick.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Page 1 of 3