Someone had these strings with the top strings not having any winding on them but they were thick as a wound one. What do you call those? or rather does anyone know strings like that? He said they were jazz something.
They are about three times as good.
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
I found the flat wound or half wound didn't have as much sustain as regular round wound.
D'addario calls them Jazz Chromes. That might be what he was using.

I put a set on my 7 string and got great dirty & distortion tones but cleans on the thicker strings were dull and I didn't have any of that string noise when you slide your fingers from one position to the next but I kinda missed that noise so I went back to round wounds.
Imagination is more important than knowledge...
It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education.
- Albert Einstein -
Flatwounds or Groundwounds.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Oh, sustain is pretty important to me. I'll probably try something like flatwounds eventually someday.
Last edited by Clay-man at Sep 23, 2010,