I have/had one of these basses. The preamp is active, not the pickups so passive pickups will be fine.

Also, when you've gutted the bass, put loads of copper shielding in the cavity because these basses buzz a LOT.

Also also: T'is just my personal opinion but Quarter Pounders really aren't all they're cracked up to be. Its really difficult to get a not-harsh, not-aggressive tone out of them. I'd say look for something warmer with a slab magnet rather than pole piece that might not match up, like EMGs.
Last edited by Spaz91 at Sep 23, 2010,
Make sure you check the measurements of the pickups you plan to buy, they're not all the same so be wary, especially with pickups like the ones you posted with the exposed pole pieces.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
ok thanks =]

on the shielding thing, will aluminium foil work or does it have to be copper?

Quote by Spaz91

Also also: T'is just my personal opinion but Quarter Pounders really aren't all they're cracked up to be. Its really difficult to get a not-harsh, not-aggressive tone out of them. I'd say look for something warmer with a slab magnet rather than pole piece that might not match up, like EMGs.

i have a set of quarter pounders in a precision bass and i quite like the sound of them tbh
Last edited by AdamV at Sep 23, 2010,