Hello everyone .
I need to buy a cable but the thing is that I don't what are the features which make a cable good or not... I've seen than some are really cheap and some other are really expensive. Can someone help me to choose one ? If I must be precise in some points then I'll be .
I play in my room then I don't it to be loooong ^^.
The Livewire shielded cables that guitar center sells are fine and come with the same guarantee as the overpriced brand names. The GC sales guys wouldn’t even let me buy a new plug to fix a cable I busted when a guitar strap popped and the guitar landed on the jack; they insisted on giving me a new cable.
Monster and mogami are similar in price and quality.
Guitars
Prs Custom 24
Fender Jaguar
Gibson Les paul standard dc
Ibanez as71

Amps
Peavey xxx
Crate v-32h/cab

Effects
Dimebag wah
carbon copy
evh phase
blackstart ht-duel
holy grail plus
electric mistress stereo
dd-20
Quote by WtrPlyr
Good ones are Mogami, Lava, George L, Klotz, Planet Waves are decent for the price. Don't get Monster, they're overpriced.

I order on a certain website and the only brands sold are Planet Waves and Monster, then the choice is reduced ^^'. And yes Monster ones are expensive.
What is the aim of an elbowed cable?
Planet waves
Gear:

Ibanez RG350M
Peavey 6505+112

Boss CS-1
EHX Big Muff Pi
EHX Small Clone
KORG Pitchblack
The best all-round cables I've personally used are Cordial CSI RP Silent. They are mainly found in mainland Europe, though. I don't know how easy they are to find otherwise.
Quote by MattyPS
I order on a certain website and the only brands sold are Planet Waves and Monster, then the choice is reduced ^^'. And yes Monster ones are expensive.
What is the aim of an elbowed cable?

What do you mean with elbowed? Like angled plug?
Yep that's what I mean ^^
(sorry my english may be very bad sometimes, when I can't find the right words I use other words so that people understand... XD)
angled plugs are cool if you're running the cable into a pedalboard, or into a guitar, if you think it's a more comfortable fit. basically, I tend to think Monsters are decent cables, just a bit overpriced. If given the choice between those and Planet Waves, I'd get the Planet Waves cables, but you may have more choices. Where are you located (roughly) and what website are you using?
CURRENT RIG:
Gibson SG Special Faded 3PU w/ SD pups
Epi LP Special II
Mesa/Boogie Maverick 2x12 combo
Ernie Ball Wah
Blackout Effectors Fix'd Fuzz V3 Dlx
Fulltone ChoralFlange
Roland Micro Cube
Oh okay :-).
I live near Paris and the website I'm using is Woodbrass.
Angled cables keep your cables from sticking out from the sides of a pedal or the back of the amp. It’s good for keeping stuff from getting banged up, especially if your amp is parked next to a wall.
Quote by MattyPS
Oh okay :-).
I live near Paris and the website I'm using is Woodbrass.

When you're in Europe, you can just order from thomann.de, you know? They've got a nice selection.
I can recommend Klotz, they're reasonably priced, have Neutrik jacks and look like they're going to survive some stage use. The few Cordials I have lying around are also nice (but that's only short ones for the pedal-board, but judging from them the long ones should be alright as well).
You could always go with Alessandro's Instrument Pro cable. A 20-foot version costs only US$2,000.00. That's right...two thousand dollars! And you people thought Monster was overpriced!

http://www.alessandro-products.com/cables-inst.html

(Scroll to the bottom of the page to see the Instrument Pro cable)

Seriously, go with a decent brand like Mogami Gold, Monster, Planet Waves or DiMarzio. Once you break the US$100.00 for a 20-footer mark, I think you're just paying for hype. If you've got the cash and it makes you feel better, than by all means go for it. Or save your money for a while and get a good quality wireless setup.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
If I ever need a cable, I just go on ebay and buy them. Last one I bought was a 20ft cable for like $5. Its a cheap cable, but that doesn't bother me. It gets the job done. I do have some better quality ones. For the most part, I don't think that there is any difference in them.
***Guitars***
Epiphone Les Paul Custom AP (w/ 2 Seymour Duncans)
Jackson Dx10D Dinky (w/ DiMarzio PAF Bridge)
Epihpone Hummingbird

***Amps***
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100 (Voodoo Modified)
Custom 4x12 Halfstack (w/ Veteran 30's)
Oh you're right Quail, I didn't know, there are more products on Thomann (but I don't plan on playing on stage ^^).
I don't want to spend too much money, can I get something correct for approximatively 15€ ?

I think 10ft is long enough for playing in a room, what do you think ? (I don't want my feet to be caught in the cable or something like this XD)
Eh, you'd have to spend around 25€ for a proper cable I'm afraid, even if it's a short one. It's really not worth it to buy cheap cables. You will break them. Trust me, I've been through this. Then I bought a bunch of proper ones (Schulz, 25€ each with Neutriks) six years ago and everything's fine. I treat the cables like crap and they work as if they were new.

I just checked and thomann charges 10€ for postage to France, so I guess that's not an option anymore. Sorry.
horizon cables are good and cheap. i know the old guitarist for darkest hour uses or used those
Whaaaat!!!!!!
I bought the $5 20ft cable almost a year ago and it is pretty well brand new. I try to take really good care of my cables, though. Who knows though, it could crap out on me tomorrow. But I only got $5 in it, so its no big deal to replace.
***Guitars***
Epiphone Les Paul Custom AP (w/ 2 Seymour Duncans)
Jackson Dx10D Dinky (w/ DiMarzio PAF Bridge)
Epihpone Hummingbird

***Amps***
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100 (Voodoo Modified)
Custom 4x12 Halfstack (w/ Veteran 30's)
I really like the large diameter George L cables. Problem is, you usually have to get the cable and ends and assemble them yourself - they're designed not to require soldering though. The good news is that if one somehow gets damaged, you just re-cut the cable re-attach the end, and you're back in business.

I bought 5 of the things 10 years and about 400 gigs ago, and I still have all 5. One's a little shorter because a drummer dropped a cymbal on it edge-first, but you can't really blame the cable for that

No idea what availability is like in Europe.
GMW hot-rod telecaster
GMW soloist
PRS Custom 24
The Illegal Les Paul
CAE 3+SE
Soldano SM-100R
Splawn 4x12

“Life is on the wire…the rest is just waiting” - Papa Wallenda
Substitute the stage for the wire, and he's got it.