When I for example play this lick that has a part that I pull off 7th fret A string to 5th fret then I need to pick the 5th fret D string I cant seem to get it right, I always also pull off the 5th fret on the A string to an open string and it doesnt sound too good.

Am I supposed to work on this with palm muting or just work on my pull offs more?
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
So the lick is:

e-----------------------------------
B-----------------------------------
G-----------------------------------
D-------------5----------------------
A-----5p7----------------------------
E-----------------------------------

Is this what you're trying to play?
Quote by Jaymz_515
I pretend I'm a huge spider laying eggs, then when I flush the toilet I fall to floor screaming "MY CHILLLDRENN!! NOOOO!"

If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit.
- Mitch Hedberg
Quote by Jacoiskoby
So the lick is:

e-----------------------------------
B-----------------------------------
G-----------------------------------
D-------------5----------------------
A-----7p5----------------------------
E-----------------------------------

Is this what you're trying to play?

Fixed. What you had there was a hammer-on and opposite of what TS described.

For TS: Practice that as slow as possible until you get it right, slowly increase speed once you've gotten it. Try barring the 5th fret with your index finger and not moving it until you have to change positions. And yes and palm mute the A string to stop it from ringing or lightly lift the tip of your index finger but do not completely pull off to mute the note.
Imagination is more important than knowledge...
It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education.
- Albert Einstein -
Last edited by Bertallica at Sep 23, 2010,
Quote by Bertallica

Ah, good spotting.
Quote by Jaymz_515
I pretend I'm a huge spider laying eggs, then when I flush the toilet I fall to floor screaming "MY CHILLLDRENN!! NOOOO!"

If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit.
- Mitch Hedberg
Quote by Jacoiskoby
Ah, good spotting.

Thanks for drawing it all up.
Imagination is more important than knowledge...
It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education.
- Albert Einstein -
Quote by Bertallica

For TS: Practice that as slow as possible until you get it right, slowly increase speed once you've gotten it. Try barring the 5th fret with your index finger and not moving it until you have to change positions. And yes and palm mute the A string to stop it from ringing or lightly lift the tip of your index finger but do not completely pull off to mute the note.

I try to palm mute it but I cant palm mute that fast, I guess I'll try working on it really slow, I got the rest of the lick down it's just these stupid pulls off that I have to go down a string after them.

Thanks your tip, I'll start trying right away.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Is that from cowboys from hell? I would pull off with the ring, then roll your index onto the 5 on d so there is no open a sound.
Quote by Tanaboon
Is that from cowboys from hell? I would pull off with the ring, then roll your index onto the 5 on d so there is no open a sound.

Nope it's a lick my teacher showed me.
Quote by tattyreagh

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson