Hey guys, I'm new to this forum. Just started to pick up playing guitar again after roughly about 5 years. Was at university where the guitar was sitting unused at home. Previously had been playing self-taught for about 2 years, was just wondering if you could recommend some songs/scales for me to get back into the way of things..

I was never really that good tbh, but am willing to put in an hour or so a day of practice to get good Currently learning Greenday - Good riddance from a vid tutorial and tablature.

My kit:

Epiphone Les Paul Zakk Wylde signature
Roland V-Guitar amp

Any help at all would be much appreciated.
I say just practice as much as you can, playing whatever you can. Find a song, learn it, and play it over and over again until its perfect.
Gear:
ESP LTD EX-351 (Black)
Peavey Bandit 112

Quote by Shredoftheday
Wow your a true genius UFhobo

Quote by slight☼return
holy shitnelte herp derped with fries brah.

Quote by J Mud
I love five guys. It does look gross in pictures, but it tastes too damn good.
I think the most important scales, especially at the early days, are major scales, minor scales, and minor pentatonic scales... those are some good solid starting points (and they'll help you out a lot in the years to come)

as for songs, I'm a hopeless van halen fan so I'm gonna recommend Running With the Devil and Ain't Talking About Love
Guitars:
* Custom "does-it-all" Strat
*'12 James Tyler Studio Elite HD Burning Water (HSH)
* EVH Wolfgang Special Stealth HT
If you need to refresh your chops, I think you should start basic. Play around with some chord progressions and "chord songs". It should get some strength and dexterity into your hands. Good rythm playing will also make a good foundation.
Alright people, Move along - there is nothing to see.
"Or so you think..."