So I almost decided to buy a new amplifier (and I'm still not sure) but I'm having a delay GAS really strong. I'm mostly looking for that Explosions in the Sky style, pretty much. If it's analog or digital, it doesn't really matter although it'll probably end up being analog for what I want. Tone over features is my philosophy (although features are always wanted), Budget is non-existent although I'd prefer to avoid going over $300.

Things I've looked at:

Roland RE-20 Space Echo (is this just a gimmick of the original? Need advice here)
DMB Lunar Echo - Really leaning for this pedal. It's amazing and resembles what I want.
Malekko 616 - Excellent for the price.
Carbon Copy - Already had one.
TC Nova Delay - Already had one too. Really nice, plenty of features.
Line 6 DL4 - Sounds very nice, looper + features too. Do they die frequently. I've seen some conflict with that.

Any other boutique or mainstream, amazing delay I may look at? I want an ethereal, spacious sound. Shoegaze, ambient and all that stuff. =D

Thanks in advanced.
Quote by Eddie4President
Either you remind her of a girl, or she's not a lesbian.

Quote by blake1221
Jabba's real name is Katie.
Quote by GS LEAD 5
=.=''

You ALREADY have 3 pedals.....

GAS will do that to ya.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
So I'll probably buy a Malekko Ekko for around $100. I'm still lusting for a second delay. And I've arrived at a versus between the Deluxe Memory Boy or the Boss RE-20 Space Echo. The RE-20 just catches my attention pretty badly. So what would you guys recommend?

a) Malekko + Space Echo

b) Malekko + Deluxe Memory Boy

c) Space Echo + Deluxe Memory Boy
Quote by Eddie4President

Quote by blake1221
I would get the Malekko and the Space Echo. I really like BOSS' twin pedal delays. I've played the RE-20 and like it and I own a DD-20. I prefer the DD-20 because I like the loop. But the Space Echo is really great.
Yeah, it's one of those delays that although it's not the the original one, it produces that "something else" feeling. The Malekko will be my first purchase to have an analog delay already, but I'll surely want a second one.
Quote by Eddie4President

Quote by blake1221
The nova.....it does everything close to perfect and you have a ton of options.
Quote by mmjohn
The nova.....it does everything close to perfect and you have a ton of options.

I could and I already owned one. But unless I get a bargain out of it, I rather go analog or something different. I'm going for a more experimental approach here.
Quote by Eddie4President

Quote by blake1221
Quote by RR787
So I'll probably buy a Malekko Ekko for around $100. I'm still lusting for a second delay. And I've arrived at a versus between the Deluxe Memory Boy or the Boss RE-20 Space Echo. The RE-20 just catches my attention pretty badly. So what would you guys recommend?

a) Malekko + Space Echo

b) Malekko + Deluxe Memory Boy

c) Space Echo + Deluxe Memory Boy

I'd get option b)

(or a Strymon El Capistan + favorite switch )
Have you ever tried Reverse delay? I've found it's extremely ambient and you'll get a pretty spacious sound... Though if you've had the Nova you've probably tried it already. Oh well. Ignore this then.
I have a ponytail fetish.
..And a labcoat fetish. SCIENCE!
Yeah, a Malekko would be cool. A Boss DD-3 would be pretty cheap as well, so you could have an analog and digital delay. How about that.
Fender Lite Ash --> TC Polytune --> Digitech Whammy V --> MXR Phase 90 --> EHX Small Clone --> Strymon Orbit --> TC Flashback X4 --> Rivera R55
Quote by Sguit
I'd get option b)

(or a Strymon El Capistan + favorite switch )

Aiming towards this (option B). Not that expensive and it's double analog delays of good quality. Can't anywhere where I'd end up losing.

Quote by AntiG3
Have you ever tried Reverse delay? I've found it's extremely ambient and you'll get a pretty spacious sound... Though if you've had the Nova you've probably tried it already. Oh well. Ignore this then.

I have and I did like it very much. But I'm it's something I could obtain later on. I'm mostly focusing on high quality delays that produce ambient sounds.

Quote by Section 5
Yeah, a Malekko would be cool. A Boss DD-3 would be pretty cheap as well, so you could have an analog and digital delay. How about that.

I could, but simple digital delays will be the last thing on my list.
Quote by Eddie4President

Quote by blake1221

Not sure what your budget is but the Eventide Timefactor might be worth looking into.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
So I'll be buying the EHX Deluxe Memory Boy this next Monday. Although I did see a EHX Deluce Memory Man from the late 80's; early 90's in Harmony Central. What would be the better choice?

Also, I'm having a hard time with the second delay since the local Malekko 616 I spotted banished before I could snatch it and an ebay seller won't ship his Malekko 600 Bright here (to Puerto Rico), so any other delay I could consider in the used market? There's various RE-20 but I fear I won't be able to obtain the analog warmth from it (although it's a great unit). I'd hate to end up with a Carbon Copy too, not because it sucks but because I rather experience more "unique" (and this is a loose word) delay gear. Anything else? Can anyone explain the SMMw/ Hazarai to me? Seems rather catchy.
Quote by Eddie4President

Quote by blake1221
I'd recommend one analog and one digital delay, for short and long times...

If you go with the Deluxe Memory Boy I'd recommend the Hardwire DL-8. I owned one, and its tape simulation was pretty good. It also can be switched between true bypass and buffered bypass, with buffered bypass allowing its repeats to continue when switched off. A very cool pedal.

I'd also recommend the Tech 21 Boost DLA.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??