So, I'm looking to pick up my second bass, and I'd like to try out a short scale bass, preferably one that doesn't have p-bass style jumbo frets. I'd prefer to keep it under a grand, under five or six hundred if possible. Can anybody give me any suggestions?
Fender Mustang? Not sure what the fret style is on there, though.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
I've got the Ibanez ARTB100 which is short scale and I love it Got it for about £348 from dv247.com
The Fender Mustang sounds like your best bet, it has "vintage style frets" according to the Fender website. Plus you can't really do much better than the Mustang for a short scale with your budget.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
If your starting out maybe an epi eb0 or a viola bass. both cheap too.
Aren't the EB-0's fairly muddy, though?

I'll definitely have to pop over the guitar shop and try out the Mustang and the Ibanez. I've had my eye on one of the hollowbody Ibanez artcores too, but I think I'd prefer the shorter scale, if it plays like I hope it will.
epi EB-0 is terrible. im a bassist playing guitar in a band. my bass player has an EB-0 I never play it. EVER. it is TERRIBLE.
no sir away a papaya war is on
Yeah, that's what I'd always heard. I see one at the (really crappy) used music store near my old neighborhood every once in awhile and I've never once been tempted to pull it down and try it.
Quote by the_perdestrian
epi EB-0 is terrible. im a bassist playing guitar in a band. my bass player has an EB-0 I never play it. EVER. it is TERRIBLE.

It's for bass starter kits really.

I have one

But don't get one, TS.

MC name = Bearrorism
I have a fender urge I and it is short scale. Pretty nice if you can find one. They don't make the Urge I anymore but there is an Urge II which I think they still produce who knows research it maybe.
Quote by Zephyr-Chills
I have a fender urge I and it is short scale. Pretty nice if you can find one. They don't make the Urge I anymore but there is an Urge II which I think they still produce who knows research it maybe.

I don't think Fender is making Urge II's anymore, but you can still buy them online from guitar center and musicansfriend if you have $2200 to drop on one.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass