Hey guys..I've posted this before, but i didn't get a lot of responses.

I have a Peavey Raptor International series.

I want to change the bridge...Do i need to buy the same exact bridge? and is it easy to change it?

sorry im new at this.

Thanks
why do you want to change it?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
first off..it's old....second...i makes my string buzz and i've raised all them to the max.
I actually had to put in another neck, the stock was messed up..The guy it got it from, didn't take care of it at all.
Quote by ethan_hanus
Could be a neck problem and not just a bridge problem.

+1
Check thebneck really good. Had the same problemnwith my guitat. Thought it was the bridge but ended up being the neck
just make sure the measurements add up...and from what you said it does sound like a neck problem. good luck!
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
I took it to my local guitar shop..and they put it in for me..it's not a stock neck
Quote by edi7
I took it to my local guitar shop..and they put it in for me..it's not a stock neck

You should get the stock neck, what's prolly happening is they put in a neck that is thicker than the original, so the frets are higher up and closer to the strings, since the fret board is higher up the bridge is not designed to compensate for the added height.

You need to buy the correct size neck and put it in, should solve all your problems, but at this point I would just buy a new guitar, necks are rather expensive.
so you think another bridge won't help?...i got the guitar for free..but paid $100 for the new neck and the labor they put into it.
Quote by edi7
so you think another bridge won't help?...i got the guitar for free..but paid $100 for the new neck and the labor they put into it.

Yeah, a good neck costs around $150 by itself. They prolly took a neck off a cheap starter guitar with the same neck pocket size and bolt design and bolted it up and hoped it worked.
wow that sucks :/...I'm going to take it back to them (the owner told me if you have any problems in the next month, feel free to bring it by)...now i have the stock neck, that didn't work...can i get that fixed?
Quote by edi7
wow that sucks :/...I'm going to take it back to them (the owner told me if you have any problems in the next month, feel free to bring it by)...now i have the stock neck, that didn't work...can i get that fixed?

Maybe, depends on what's wrong with the stock neck.
i guess the rod inside the neck wasn't working..idk for sure
honestly i don't think so..lol..that's why i wanted to see if i can do something with the bridge...but i might just stuck it up..and use my squier that i have..until i get good then buy something decent...damn i really liked the finish on this guitar :/
Quote by edi7
honestly i don't think so..lol..that's why i wanted to see if i can do something with the bridge...but i might just stuck it up..and use my squier that i have..until i get good then buy something decent...damn i really liked the finish on this guitar :/

Ah well, I still only have my Squier, it's starting to have problems despite all the high end parts I've put on it, I think I wore it out.