Can anyone tell me the major differences between these products? I am wanting to do some recording, and want to know which one is the best to get. The UX2 and 2.0 are $200 and the X3 is $400, what is the difference? And if there is one, is there a better method for home-recording for the same price or less?
Set Up:
Guitars:
Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR
ESP LTD EX-401
AMP: Peavey Vypyr Tube 60W
Sanpera Footpedal
http://line6.com/pod20/

Click through them at the top.

Main differences are more effects/preset things and more imputs.

What do you want it for, and I can better assist.
Quote by thankyougermany
I'm not in there
Last edited by 365_days_gone at Sep 23, 2010,
I want to be able to record into a computer without it sounding like crap, which is what happens when I either mic my amp (crappy mic lol) or if I use a direct firewire to usb connection from my amp to computer. A lot of people on youtube for example have used the Pod X3 and 2.0, and it sounds great. However I am unsure on whether or not I have to connect the pod through my amp to my computer to get a good sound or not. Also, I really most of all want to know if the Toneport UX2 will sound just as good as the X3 for example, just less effects (and if the x3 is also a foot pedal like i am thinking)
Set Up:
Guitars:
ESP LTD EX-401
Sanpera Footpedal
I own the UX2 and the POD X3 Live. The UX2 has one input for both mic and guitar for the most part so does the POD X3. The UX2 comes with a set amount of tones in which you can buy packs to get more tones with. I think there are 4 or so packs but each will run you like fifty dollars. The POD X3 already comes with those bundles.

The thing I also like about the X3 is the dual tone feature. You can set up two tones and run them together to create alot of different sounds, as well as you can also hook up a mic and guitar and play live through them both at the same time with the pedal.

To me if your going to end up getting the add on packs with the UX2 then you might as well just go for the X3. I'm not too sure about the POD 2.0 never used it.
Gear:

Schecter C1 Hellraiser
Schecter Tempest Custom - Paf Pro/D-Sonic pups
Ibanez SR500
Peavey JSX 212 combo
Line 6 Pod X3 Live
Digitech Whammy
The X3 comes in a POD form and a Live form which would be the pedal. To record with both you will just take the usb out to your computer and plug straight into the POD. The X3 gives you more options tone wise since it also adds different cab and head models that the UX2 doesn't have stock. The packs would add them to the UX2 if you wanted to get them after the fact though.
Gear:

Schecter C1 Hellraiser
Ibanez SR500
Peavey JSX 212 combo
Line 6 Pod X3 Live
Digitech Whammy
Okay thanks everyone I think ill get the ux2 ^.^
Set Up:
Guitars:
ESP LTD EX-401
Sanpera Footpedal
Please note that the X3 Live has an expression pedal as well.

Where do you plug the second guitar tho if there's only 1 input?

Quote by a_hub10
I keep my Schecter in dropped D all the time, and i didn't buy an attachment of any kind.

Quote by CraftyTrickster
You should just tell the seller: ¡Boludo!
The dual tone is for one guitar. An example would be if you wanted a clean tone but have a dirty sound over top of it you could have one set to clean and the other set to dirty and mix them. You can use the X3 for a mic and guitar simultaneously but not two guitars.
Gear:

Schecter C1 Hellraiser
Ibanez SR500
Peavey JSX 212 combo
Line 6 Pod X3 Live
Digitech Whammy